Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!

Hosekeeper has been giving 3 year old 71/2 ml of Infatol Vitamin , recomended dosage is 5ml. Would that have any effect on my child?

Loading...

While 7.5 versus 5 ml doesn't sound like much, it is a 50% increase over the recommended dose. In the short run this will most likely do no harm. Over an extended time it may. Tell the housekeeper to reduce the dosage. Simple as that.
Reply

Loading...

Right on the container the label reads "take as directed, do not take more than directed, do not use more than 10 days without consulting your physician, and not to be given to children under 3 years old without your doctor's approval."

If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. Symptoms of overdose may include severe nausea, vomiting, excessive sweating, yellowing eyes or skin, dark urine, stomach pain, and extreme fatigue.

Also, the label indicates that if you take more than the maximum daily amount, it may cause serious (possibly fatal) liver disease. Tell your doctor immediately if you have any of the following symptoms of liver damage: severe nausea, yellowing eyes or skin, dark urine, stomach pain, extreme fatigue.

Obviously the excessive amount needs to stop due to the long-term possibility of liver damage.
Reply

Loading...