I need some info regarding my problem. I am 45 years old and I have sustained a shoulder dislocation in a minor car crash. The only thing the doctor worried was the possibility of the axillary nerve injury. For now, everything is ok, even though I still feel a lot of pain when making sudden movements. Could that pain be related to that axillary nerve?

Most likely, you have problems because of the strained ligaments and tendons, perhaps even muscles. Those structures can be easily damaged in dislocations and take a lot of time to heal properly, so most likely that is the cause of your problems. I had the similar situation with a dislocated ankle and it took almost 4 months before I could use it without any fear again.

I'd say you're just going through the typical healing process. I've dislocated both my shoulders in excess of 100 times. :O

It's never fun. The right shoulder has been repaired, and the left one is being looked at by a specialist here in about 6 hours. Trust me. If it was a nerve issue, you would know.... If anything in this world would make you want to curl up in a ball and cry, that'd be it.

Good luck with the healing process, and I wish you the best with it not beccoming a reccuring issue!