Hi, I have had severe pain in shoulder for some time. I would like to know what could have caused it. The pain was in and around a shoulder joint. Did it happen to you?

Hi, I had severe pain and stiffness in my left shoulder last year. I also felt restriction of motion, and it was very uncomfortable sensation. I went to doctor, and he asked me if I had any injuries. I remembered then that I had a small injury few months before that. He examined me and said that I have a frozen shoulder. Every movement of my shoulder was painful and it led later to back pain. I read about shoulder pain, so I know about few more condition that can cause it. For example, there is bursitis or tendonitis of the rotator cuff, rotator cuff tears, calcific tendonitis, shoulder instability and dislocation.

six years ago while lifting furniture I sustained an injury to my left shoulder. I was unable to move it even slightly and was in the worst physical pain I had ever experienced. A friend of mine is a chriropractor and he looked at me and said it would be fine, a pulled muscle. Since that time I have had progressive muscle weakness and reocurring flair ups of the injury. Two years ago I fell off of a ladder and again hurt my shoulder not as badly but had it looked at again told it was nothing I would be fine. Then approx. 4 or 5 months ago while working on our fixer upper I fell into an open floor vent hitting my arm (same one of course) and have been experiencing severe chronic pain since then. It has gotten increasingly worse and I can barelymoveit in certain directions. It feels as if I have missing areas in the lifting, turning and pushing ranges of my shoulder. Also it pops loudlyand grinds now which it never did before. Sleeping now has become nearly impossible,and I have to lift my arm with my other hand to move it in some ways. I would like to resolve this issue with out paying another doctor to tell me I'll be fine . Please help me if you have any advice, thank you.

Since this past summer I've been having severe pain in my inside upper left shoulder blade & it's starting to go up in my neck these days. I have never had this kind of pain & have been reading all I can about this. I remember reaching up to hang a shower curtain & bone pop, but other than that I is all that I can come up with. My doctor gives me medication for this which never kills the pain, it just eases it a little & he also gives me muscle relaxers. Although, I'd like to find out what is causing this problem. This pain comes & goes. But left unattended without medication it gets very severe. Anyone got any ideas?