I have just been diagnosed with a Lisfranc fracture/dislocation. I have been hobbling around for 6 weeks with a " sprained ankle" that was diagnosed at the local ER. Foot was not getting any better and the pain changed so I went to a podiatrist. Podiatrist has me on crutches - no weight bearing - however the burning/tingling pain is getting more intense. Podiatrist prescribed Loratab for pain---
I do not like pain meds- I want to know what is causing my foot to " burn "- What plan of action do I need to take? Need help please.

I would see a foot surgeon who understands and has operated on lisfranc injuries. Would ask for (i) MRI to assess the state of the ligaments and tendons, and (ii) Stressed X-Ray to make sure there is no dislocation between the metatarsals. Hopefully the surgeon can confirm that there is no dislocation and that the ligament is not fully ruptured - if both are fine then there might not be a need for surgery. It is worth the effort to get the second and even third opinion from surgeons that are familiar with this injury (which is very rare and frequently misdiagnosed initially) to make sure you are treating this correctly for solid recovery. Healing time is longer than most other injuries but time is needed for the ligaments and bones to heal. Sending you my best wishes for solid recovery!

You need to see a specialist - osteo doctor would be best. I had a lis franc fracture 3 years ago. Had a good doctor and doing good now. All toes were dislocated and main bone fractured. Was in Florida at the time and had to travel back to michigan -- had surgery 10 days later. I'm 66 year old female.