Hi, guys. My friend played basketball and he got injured. It seems he got anterior dislocation of the shoulder. I haven’t heard from him ever since, but I am curious what kind of therapy is usually prescribed for this condition. It would be good to know. Thank you in advance. Bye, guys!

Hi, there. Anterior shoulder dislocation is one of the most common dislocations. First step in treating this injury is manual reposition. When all the parts of the joint are in normal position, then it is being immobilized. It is usually achieved by bandages. A person stays in bandages for 3 to 4 weeks. He can be prescribed analgesics if he feels pain. After this period, bandages are being removed and physical therapy is ordered. After that, a person must be very careful with hurt shoulder. Once hurt, it will have more tendency to be dislocated again. I hope everything will be all right with you. Good luck!