I like to swim and use every possible moment to jump into the water. I think of myself as a very good swimmer. Lately, I have been experiencing pain in the shoulder area. I hopet that it would pass but the pain persists. I suspect that swimming caused it. Is it possible to get shoulder injury from swimming?

It is possible...but not very likely. Swimming is one of the safest sports and activities. In fact, it is recommended as a safe way to speed up the healing after other injuries. So it is not very likely that you injured your shoulder by swimming. You probably hurt the shoulder by lifting something heavier than your muscles can handle. It is possible to to overuse the shoulder with repetitive movements such as crawl strike, but it is highly unlikely. Anyway you have to go and see your doctor.