Hi, folks. My brother has been experiencing some problems with his shoulder. He had a dislocation several times and his doctor now recommends surgery. I would really like to know some more info before my brother accepts it. I would appreciate if you could tell me something more. Bye and thanks!

Hello to you too. Shoulder is a very sensitive joint. It is the most movable joint in our body and therefore the most prone to all kinds of injuries, including dislocations. Surgery is one of the options. All the surgical techniques here are divided into two groups: closed and opened techniques. Arthroscopy belongs to opened techniques. It uses endoscope to enter the joint. Your brother should definitely discuss about the details with his doctor. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

Hi, there. I have also heard about these techniques for shoulder dislocation. I even think when you have your shoulder dislocated for three times, surgery is a must! I like arthroscopy since it is a microsurgical technique. I think that the patient is the least uncomfortable with this surgery. If your brother can choose, let him choose this one. I hope that these procedures will do him good. Please, let me know the outcome. I hope I’ve helped a little. Bye!