Hello, folks. My little brother has dislocated his shoulder several times. Since he is not being careful, his doctor recommended him surgery. I wonder if he will have no more dislocation after this procedure. What can you tell me about this? I will appreciate all your advices considering this. Bye, folks!

Hello, there. Surgery is one of the possible ways to deal with shoulder dislocation. Your brother will feel little pain after the surgery. He will have to wear sling for at least three weeks. Surgical techniques are good for strengthening the shoulder joint. In this way, future dislocations will be prevented. Nevertheless, one is always advised to be careful. I hope your brother will be fine after surgery. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hello to you too. I also think that surgery will be the best solution for your brother. If he has had several dislocations in his past, he should deal with it in this way. Of course, only surgery is not enough. After the surgery, he will wear a sling for couple of weeks. It is important to be extra careful with his shoulder and whole upper limb in this period. After this, he will go to rehabilitation. He will have exercise for expanding the range of his motions in this joint. He will also have to strengthen the muscles that surround this joint. Bye!

Haha some of the people who responded don't know much of what they are talking about, no offense.

I have gone through the procedure and it has been eight months since. You don't wear a sling for a couple weeks. You wear it for 2-3 months. The surgery has a success rate of somewhere around 90% of course that number increases if he does his physical therapy correctly after surgery.

I have gone through an entire football season of playing both sides of the ball and now I'm onto basketball. I haven't had any problems with it other than some loss of dexterity and muscle mass. If it is a reoccurring problem I would suggest it. The process to getting back to full health is annoying as hell but worth it.