I'm 46 years old and have only had this inner thigh cramp maybe ten times and it's never been restricted to the same leg.

The pain/cramp usually starts in the upper inner thigh and is mind blowing painfull. I usually stand up, spread my legs, slightly bent over and stretch decreasing the pain a little. Almost everytime it happens, the pain seams to move deep into the hip joint and then to my lower back (Normally the right side of my back). It usually lasts about 5 minutes and sometimes hits again when you think it's over.

I had my worst one tonight. I was asleep (1st time while sleeping) and I immediately knew what was happening so I got up to do my normal stretch,but this time I became nauseous and passed out (Also a first). When I woke the pain was still there and I stood to do some stretching. While doing this I was in an extreme sweat (raining) and still nauseous. The pain finally decreased and I fell face down on the bed in exhaustion for 30 minutes.

There is one post that someone mentioning higher sugar intake causes hers. I can think of three times the occurance happened to me that I had eaten or drank something with high sugar content. Maybe she's on to something.

My mother was diagnosed with osteoporosis but she's ten years older than you, but she had the similar symptoms, everything but passing out. But, you are still too young to get osteoporosis. But if you are experiencing an early menopause that could happen.

I have also been having these excruciating thigh pains that progress up and down my entire leg. Last night was the worst ever. I was awakened every half hour wimpering from pain and walking them out. This was the 2nd time this month. I remember what I ate because I have been dieting and those were 2 nights I cheated and ate a LARGE piece of cake the night before. I have been wondering if the sugar was the cause.

Maybe there is something about the sugar. Had company last night and someone brought 2 doz. Krispy Kreme donuts. You can`t get more sugar than that. I did indulge having 2 donuts. Sure enough got the 3AM cramp. I am left helpless when this happens. I can`t ever speak. I did manage to struggle to the shower, let the hottest water that I can stand run over my leg until cramp releases.

After a few bad episodes of inner thigh cramps, I did a lot of research. I found a few things that help:

• I keep Hylands Leg Cramp pills on my nightstand now. When a cramp comes on I put 3 pills under my tongue and let them disolve. The pain stops within a minute most of the time...sometimes just a few seconds.  
  • I rub magnesium oil on my inner thigh after strenuous activity - mountain biking, hiking, yard work, etc...
  • I also believe that alkalizing the body helps. The average american diet is very acidifying - sugar, processed foods, coffee, flour, alcohol, fast foods, etc.