For the past 3-4 months, I have smoked pot ONCE (depending on mood 1-3 joints) every night to help me go to sleep faster. I've never had insomnia problems or addiction problems before these few months (smoked 2-3 times a week for 6 months prior; and once or twice a month for 5 years before that). Now I find it extremely difficult to go to sleep. My body feels warm everywhere and even if I manage to fall asleep eventually, I never managed to fall into deep sleep and normally wake up within 4 hours feeling unrested. Any advice or similar experiences? Thanks!

Marijuana is not actually physically addictive but some will try to convince you otherwise. Any withdrawal from marijuana after its discontinuation is a psychological withdrawal. You've relied on marijuana for quite some time to help you fall asleep and now it's not there. Same way as some people rely on NyQuil or ZzzQuil to help them fall asleep and they have the same issues after discontinuation. The body adapts remarkably fast to routines. You should try some meditation or yoga to change up your routine and to calm your anxiety. This should help you develop a more healthy sleep pattern.