I have heard that anemia is common medical condition. I have read this condition occurs when blood cannot carry enough oxygen. It could happen either because there is a low number of red blood cells or because each red blood cell is able to carry less oxygen than normal. I have also read interesting fact there are many different types of anemia with different causes. Now I would like to hear how are connected iron deficiency, B12 deficiency and folate injections in anemia problem.

First, I want to tell you that symptoms of anemia include feeling tired or faint and getting breathless easily. Treatment usually involves taking iron tablets and treating the underlying cause, depending from cause of anemia. You should also understand that iron is the main component of hemoglobin. Lack of dietary iron is the world’s leading nutritional deficiency and the most common cause of anemia that are reported. Other vitamins needed body to make red blood cells include folate and vitamin B12. A lack of these in the diet can cause anemia as well as iron deficiency. That is why there are different terms for these anemias such as folate-deficiency anemia and Vitamin B12-deficiency anemia. A common cause of iron-deficiency anemia in women is heavy periods where about 1 in 10 women become anemic at some time in their life due to heavy periods. You should also understand that anyone who has difficulty absorbing iron may need iron injections instead of tablets.