Hi, my sister is 26 years old and she felt very weak for last several months. She looked pretty pale and she tired very fast. Also she was complaining that she felt her heart was pounding very strong. She felt even worse when she got her period so she decided to visit her doctor. He told her that she has iron deficiency problem and I would like to know something more about it.

Hi, your sister has lack of iron in her blood. Iron is very important for overall functioning of human organism. It is placed in red blood cells and it junction oxygen. Importance of oxygen is very well known so I won't tell you about it. When there is lack or iron organism can’t get enough oxygen for numerous of processes and than many other organs suffers because of it. I guess your sister will get iron supplements to fulfill empty reserves of iron in her body.

My iron is always very low and I take iron supplements but its still really low I don't know what I can do. What do you suggest.