I’m female, 22, and I have been experiencing what I only can describe as brain fog for the last few months. It’s a feeling of being confused and dizzy at the same time, and I’m not sure if iron deficiency anemia is causing this or not, but my mom says I was raking iron supplement as a kid. I do feel less energetic and get tired more easily, which would fit it iron deficiency, but I’m not sure that’s the only reason I’m experiencing these dizzy spells and brain fog episodes. I’m currently not insured and that’s the main reason I haven’t seen any doctor yet, and it would be helpful at least to know which one exactly I need to see,

thanks

It is possible that you have more than just an iron deficiency.  However, iron deficiency does create fatigue and brain fog.  You don't have enough iron to carry oxygen to your cells to make ATP.  ATP is an energy molecule needed to run most of your metabolic pathways.  Try taking an iron supplement.  There are a number of them over-the-counter (OTC).  Try this for a few weeks and see if that doesn't make the difference.  If it doesn't you may have to go to a doctor to get a B12 shot and iron supplements.  This therapy requires a general practitioner.  You could go to a walk in clinic I believe.  They are cheaper and you don't have to make an appointment.

Hey girl. Well, I do understand your suffering at the moment, and the awkward position of not being insured thus not receiving medical treatment, but I would advise you to take care of your insurance because without it, we might be speculating here for hours what might be wrong with you and that is something you don't want. Does iron deficiency cause you to be cold? it would explain some things and that is for certain. Please, get insurance as quickly as possible and let us know how it went because the specialists will know what to do and which diagnosis to establish.