I’ve been having lately mild pain and sensation of heaviness in the chest and the area of the chest. I am planning to see a doctor right after this weekend. I was delaying because I have to take day off and I am waiting for promotion…you know it is never right time. However, I realized that I’ve been feeling for more than month like this. I was wondering are these symptoms always related to cardiovascular diseases or there are some causes related to other disorders.

The most common (cardiac) cause of chest pain and heaviness is coronary artery disease. This condition is usually called angina. Ischemia can indicate a myocardial infarction (heart attack) if it is persistent. Other causes producing chest pain include aortic aneurysm and pericarditis. However, there are numerous non-cardiac conditions can produce chest pain, heaviness, including heartburn, gastrointestinal problems, problems with the ribcage or chest muscles, or problems with the lungs or lining of the lungs. Your symptoms should be evaluated by a physician.