I also have those irregular beats more than one year. it is really annoying. They can happen at any time (walking, sitting, playing soccer). Today i had it again. I was just sitting and suddenly it started. I could feel that something caused some extra beats in my heart (about 4-5). During this time I have such feeling as my heart would stop. After that, tachycardia can start.(not every time) (I cannot even count heart beats). I took many different heart tests ( Echocardiogram, EKG, Holter monitor, Stress test, blood test). All of them are normal. My cardiolodist says that this is not a heart. When I have those simptoms I just get upset. If somebody knows something about this, please help. by the way, I'm 21 years old male. Thanks.

Hi guest,

Those irregular heartbeats, palpitations, are very common and usually not a sign of a problem with your heart. It is not a "heart attack." They can be scary however. Getting checked was a good idea. It seems you've been given a clean bill of health.

They can be caused by stress, too much caffeine, too much alcohol, some medications, smoking, etc.

The tachycardia (rapid heartbeat) afterwards is commonly caused by anxiety.

If you can identify the cause, what were you doing before it happened, maybe you can reduce or prevent them from happening.

Hope it helps.