Good day folks. My friend Samantha called me today because she knows that I do know a lot about heart issues. She needed my advice.

She told me that in the past few night she can’t sleep. When the night comes, she started to feel some partial facial numbness, really painful sternum, dull chest pain and etc. She is really scared but again she thinks that there is no reason for her to visit the doctor.

I disagree with it because she has a pretty much long history of heart issues.

What to tell her, what she should do? Thank you so much.

Good day there.

Look lady, your friend needs to visit her doctor as soon as possible. She should not joke with this issue, right? Especially because she has history of heart issues.

I will tell you what happened to one guy that I knew.

He had dull chest pain for almost a month and he was telling everyone that this pain is caused by changes in the weather.

After two months he had his first heart attack. Very soon he had another one and he died. If this is not alarming to your friend, I don’t know what it is.

Tell her this.

Your friend needs to see the doctor as soon as possible. This is not a joke. When you are having chest pain that you are feeling, especially between your neck and upper abdomen it is serious. I know because I had experience with it. There are so many causes of chest pain that maybe don’t have anything with your heart but generally chest pain is very common symptom of poor blood flow to the heart or a heart attack. Maybe she has an angina? That is why your friend needs to check this as soon as possible. There are good treatments for it.

Hello everyone

Yes, all those symptoms can easily be a sign of upcoming heart attack. When you told us that she is having history of heart disease, I was wondering what is the history? What problems your friend has with her heart?

But sternum pain can easily be mistaken for a chest pain which can be cause for an alarm. Sternum pain will radiate from your chest bone and it can manifest itself like very sharp pain near the breastbone.

It can be nothing but it also can be very serious if you let it untreated.

I hope that everything is going to be ok.

Hi everyone,

She definitely has some heart problems. Chest pain is the most common and the easily noticed symptom of any heart problem. This could be anything, I'm thinking about angina and CHF (congestive heart failure).

Now about partial facial numbness, this isn't usually related to any heart problems. Numbness refers to the lack of skin sensations (either partial or complete) over a part of body. Numbness usually signifies nerve dysfunction but can occur in certain defects in the central nervous system. Less commonly, it can be due to certain brain dysfunctions or can be psychogenic.

I'd suggest that she visits her doctor, as well.

Hi everyone,

La Yi La, I got to say that your friend Samantha is pretty much irresponsible. I mean, it is her health in question, but if she doesn't look after herself, who will?

You need to convince her that she needs to see her doctor. The symptoms which you wrote that your friend feels are all symptoms of different kind of diseases and conditions so it would be best for her to check this out as soon as possible.

She could have some serious heart condition, she could have costochondritis, it is a painful condition of the chest wall. I don't know what to tell you, she needs to see her doctor.

Hi everyone,

I agree with the people who wrote above me, La Yi La, it's got to be something serious since she is having all those symptoms. How can she be scared and refuse to go see her doctor? You got to help her out there.

There is a big number of heart conditions that can be associated with the symptoms that you wrote, for example, she could have coronary artery disease or CAD, it is a blockage in the heart blood vessels that reduces blood flow and oxygen to the heart muscle itself.

Again, this is just one of the conditions which she could have.

Hello.

Look if you want to help your friend, you need to take her to the doctor immediately. That is crucial because having all those symptoms means that she is really in big problems. I don’t even want to ask what her history of heart issue is – it is enough for me to read that she is having all those symptoms. She can easily have heart attack.

It can be anything, not just heart issues.

Partial facial numbness can lead to certain shock, painful sternum and dull chest pain can lead to heart attack.

She needs to visit her doctor immediately.