Hi! I feel skipping heart beats. First I thought that this will go, but didn’t and bothers me a lot. Maybe I am serious ill. What you suggested me to do?

Hi! Most people have had some occasion of an irregular heartbeat. But, if this changes your life you should see a doctor. You should know that skipping heart beats are sometimes caused by medication, damage to the heart or surgery. According to Love, those with chronic bradycardia may need medical intervention. Any abnormal recurring heart symptoms, such as fluttering, chest pain, dizziness or shortness of breath, should be evaluated by a doctor. If you have concerns about your heart or its rhythm, see a doctor. There is some treatment for irregular heart beat.

Hey all.
I just want to share my experience. I had problems with the heart too.
It often happened at night when I was lying in the bed. Heart started to beat fast, skipped some beats, felt shortness of breath, etc... You can only imagine it produced panic and worrying only made it worse.
First time it happened I couldn`t fall asleep It was so terrifying. So I waited the morning and went to hospital. They did the tests and said nothing was wrong. I should have probably asked for that little device, you attach it and it measures your heart beat 24 hours. Someone already said, those arrhythmias almost always happen at night (those of you who suffered it know what I`m talking about) so theres little chance doctors will catch it.

Cut the story short I`ll tell you what I did to make it better. I got some basic medics and they didn`t help much but somehow I knew what I should do.
I started running every morning. And it was a fricking January. After few days I got a lot better and the irregular heartbeat went away.
By April I got bored of running and thought I dont need it no more. After 2 months - few weeks ago I started feeling those arrhythmias again. Felt as bad as before, I could go to sleep for several days, well until I was so tired I simply couldnt stay awake any more. Few days back I started running again and, knockonwood, I`m feeling good again.

I`m not saying it will work for everybody, but if it helps to one man I won`t regret writing this.
So people, start running.

Hey all.

odd that you should say that about the skipping heartbeat/running! I too, started running and a while back and experienced the same thing. It baiscally went away. However, when I stopped running for several weeks, the skipping and racing heartbeat returned. Weird!

I would just like to point out at this point that i have an odd kind of skipping heart beat, its like my heart gets confused every now and then, it will speed up suddenly for no apparent reason and then seem to try to do two beats at once, this is accompanied by pain, and then it just beats hard for a while with some stabbing pain sometimes shooting down an arm or into my jaw whilst it slowly returns to normal. this happens rather occasionally, maybe once or twice a day, with varying severity. I cycle several miles every day, so much so that i can now cycle uphill on top gear. This has not improved it one bit.

This isnt a serious problem for me, i usually just try to ignore it, but it would be nice to find the cause and get rid of it.

-Magic Leprechaun

Oh, and one bit of information i forgot to mention, i am 20. (age is usually important when dealing with chest/heart pain)

-Magic Leprechaun

I have the same problem and i did everything,i went to a cardilogist and he told me nothing wrong with my heart i'm really puzzled with this problem...i took some medications from the counter like asprin and stuff like that . it seems to me when i feel it i take an asprin and feel better after few mins....

I haven't tried running though...I'm going to start running tomorrow...

Good luck to all of us and guys keep me updated...of course we will keep each other updated about this thing thanks alot.

guys i solved my problem try Magnesium oxide 400 mg. i took 2 pills a day for a week and after that i started taking just one pill a day...and i'm back to normal thank God . Alhamdu Lilla.

I had cramps in my legs and mag-oxide helped my cramps to go away and my heart skipping beats to go away as well .

Try it guys and let me know . good luck to all of you .