I have been felling pain in my left arm, starting from shoulder for some time, also palpitations sometimes and PVC’s. I am afraid of the heart attack. My wife says than it is Angina pectoris. I am going to see cardiologist next week.

O, you should see a cardiologist. The ways you feel refer to Angina. There are different types of Angina. Pain may radiate to left shoulder, left arm, palpitations, or premature ventricular contractions (PVC’s) in case of Angina. Ask professional help for this.

Hello there lok,

I believe that your wife has good point and that you need to see your doctor as soon as possible. It is probably Angina pectoris but you need to do various tests so your doctor can confirm this.

Angina pectoris is the result of myocardial ischemia which is caused by an imbalance between myocardial blood supply and oxygen demand.

Angina is a common presenting symptom among patients with coronary artery disease.

The main goals of treatment in angina pectoris are to relieve the symptoms. First of all the main point is to slow the progression of disease and reduce the possibility of future events. This is especially related to the MI and premature death. I hope that you will be fine.