I was recently researching some information on early signs of Pregnancy, but I have never had regular periods. And I came across some information on POCS, and I realized I have quite a few of the characteristics of this syndrome, but recently I believe I may be pregnant, because i was on birth control, but I stopped taking them for about a week and I had unprotected sex, and now I have been experiencing signs of pregnancy; so I am wondering how likely is it that I would be pregnant, if I do have POCS? And if POCS goes untreated is it possible to still get pregnant and experience a normal pregnancy?

I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS and have been on birth control most of my child bearing years (I am 25) due to irregular periods. I have gotten bad about taking my birth control before or stopped taking it and had symptoms of pregnancy and never was. I believe this was due to the hormone imbalance associated with not taking the pill and that my irregular periods and ammenorrhea have always been due to PCOS. My imbalance of LH and FSH hormones are consistent with PCOS and not ovulating. I am not in a relationship or married so have never purposefully tried to get pregnant, although it really probably should have happend previously if you ask me - I do not believe I can get pregnant without the use of fertility drugs or surgery due to PCOS, but it seems to affect every woman differently.

i wonder if i hav ebeen correctly diagnosed with pcos?..i have been moving around the country a lot.. imean 2 months stay at aplace then move t another for 2 months, then another for 15 days and then to another. my periods got delayed for two and half months. this is the first time it has happened. ultrasound has shown everything as normal...there's no pregnancy. no ovarain cysts. normally i have periods which have a gap of round 35-37 days. the gynae i visited with the report, said irregular periods usually mean polyctsic ovarain disease...
but i am zapped sice the ultrsound has shown my ovaries to be normal..the only reason he gave me for the disease is that i have more than normal hair growth in the groin and some on teh abdomen and face...which is think is not abnormally excessive though!
the question is whether polystic ovarian syndrome can be there without cysts being there in the ovaries??? i have got no pain, no nausea, no significant back pain. cud my missed period be becoz of all the moving around?
anyone out there with similar history and with answers?
now he has given me some pills to be taken for 5 days and then he said i'l have my period

You are taking the hormone progestin for 5 days in order to have your period. You can have PCOS without having anything show up on the ultrasound, usually because they are so tiny. Blood work should be done to verify which hormones are imbalanced to be causing your lack of period.

will teh blood test results make the diagnosis positive?

i was very recently diagnosed with pcos. i have an amazing gyn, too. they do need to do a blood test to confirm the diagnosis. my gyn does that as part of my annual exam and called me a couple days later to let me know that i had pcos and that my hormone levels, etc were exactly on target with what they typically diagnose. while i have not had a chance to talk in depth with her, one of the big things she said is that it is nothing to stress about. i'm going back on the pill to regulate my hormones again, although she said that i don't necessarily have to just as long as i have a period every 3-4 months. she did mention that in the future when it comes time to starting a family, that there may be some difficulties, but that we can cross that bridge when the time arrives.

my main advice would be don't stress too bad. find a gyn that you can talk to about it.

I JUST WANT TO LET YOU ALL KNOW THAT THERE IS HOPE! I HAVE PCOS AND THOUGHT THE SAME AS ALL OF YOU. I WAS ON THE BIRTH CONTROL TO REGULATE MY MENSTRUAL CYCLE. I GOT OFF THE PILL AND WAS HAVING UNPROTECTED SEX, TRYING TO CONCEIVE, AND IT HAPPENED. HVING PCOS DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN NOT HAVE CHILDREN WITH OR WITHOUT FERTILITY DRUGS. SURE, THEY MIGHT HELP MAKE THE PROCESS EASIER BUT ITS NOT THE ONLY ANSWER. HAVING PCOS, YOU DO NOT GET YUR MENSTRUAL CYCLE NORMALLY, BUT IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU DO NOT OVULATE. OVULATION IS A DIFFERENT CYCLE THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GETTING YOUR PERIOD. YOU DO NO NEED ONE TO HAVE THE OTHER. THE ONLY THING IS YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOUR OVULATING. THATS THE CATCH AND THATS WHAT MAKES IT SO HARD TO CONCEIVE FOR US. IF YOU ARE TRYING TO HAVE A BABY...INCREASE SEX AND USE NO PROTECTION. IT WILL HAPPEN. I GOT OFF MY BC IN NOVEMEBER AND IN DECEMBER I CONCEIVED MY FIRST CHILD! IM NOW 4 MONTHS PREGNANT WITH A BEAUTIFUL , HEALTHY BABY! GOOD LUCK!!

ello, ok wer do i start am 21 in a months tym an iv been tryin for a baby for nearly 17 months an no sign i was on the pill on and off for a yr b4 i strated trtin for a baby.now i did go 4 chek ups an gnynacol told me i have pcos an i no i shudnt worry but i dont no wat to do bcoz of this my relationship wiv my hubby is gain pear shaped an i tink dats y we argue alot. pls giv me advise