hi
i am 23yrs old and i have a 5yr old girl, been trying for the last 3yrs to get pregnant but not succeeding. i have periods that come and go sometimes i wont have one for3-4mnths and other times i have one its just a couple of days of spotting. need help to find out what it is, i saw something on here about pcos, is there treatment for this. doctors have done blood tests for hormones and told me mine are ok . also done thyroid checks and said they ok. i also have had a weight gain especially around my stomach, just keeps getting bigger in last 4yrs i have but on over 30kg. tried diets and exercising but not success. can somebody help please. :'(

I am 25 and I have 2 boys. With my second boy I had tried for a while and couldn't get pregnant so my dr. Put me on glucophage and it made me very sick but I did get preg. After I had him I started having the irregular periods again and the dr. Tested me again and then it showed up that I had pcos. So be persistent tell the dr. That you think you have this and tell him how long you have been trying for and ask him if you could try glucophge or chlomid to get pregnant. And so you know pcos doesn't always show up especially if you are taking any medications with hormones in them for example birth control which I was on the first time I was checked.