i'm married for 3 years & i use to take birthcontrol pills for first 6 months after marriage after that we didi not used any contraceptive for birthcontrol but still i have not conceived as my husband has low spermcount. & my period were irregular after i stopped taking pills & as i was having ovarian cyst formation i had to undergo D & C and laproscopy to clear that all. now i have not got my periods for two months & i m having pain in my ovaries. :'(

Something similar happened to me. I found out I have PCOS. So if you have already had work on the cysts done, you should go back to your doc and have them check again to see if their is a prob.
Take care

Hello my name is Megan. I am looking into filing a class action lawsuit against the company that makes the Depo Birth control shot. I need you women out there that have had and are still having some or all of the same symtoms I have had and am still having since taking the depo to please contact me with your names and numbers, incase an attorney needs to contact you. Lets stand together and make a difference so no more women have to go through the same thingswe are, at least not without it being a part of the warning label. From my research, there is nothing on the warning side effects stating you may get ovarian cysts, It says that depo will help with destroying the cysts not giving them to you. But from my story and alot of the ones I have read on here, I am not the only one that has in fact GOTTEN cysts after taking the depo.

***Post is edited by moderator *** Private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

or reply to my post.

This is just a little of what has been going on with me, if your situation is similar and you want to join me in filing this lawsuit, to get the compensation we deserve for having to go through this, and to stop other women from having to go through the same thing, then please do not hesitate to contact me. THANK YOU!!

I am 21 years old and was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome, a while back. I was put on the depo birth control shot when I was a teenager to try and regulate my periods, needless to say it made it much much worse, I only recieved 3 of the shots before telling my doctor I no longer would take it. I have my period EVERY SINGLE DAY for 1 1/2 years STRAIGHT!!! Since then, I have have numerous emergency room visits due to excruciating pain in my lower sto mach, and by this I mean I couldnt move, and all I could do was cry because of how bad it hurt. The first visit to the ER, they told me I had produced eggs that were to large so they ruptured,they gave me pains meds and sent me home. But the next day after they had re-reviewed my ultrasounds, I got a phone call from the doctor at the hospital saying that I had Numerous cysts on my right ovary that were rupturing, it wasnt my eggs. I was told to follow up with my family doctor, so I did, but she automatically told me that because of the amount of cysts I had I could NEVER have children. I was devasted, but looked into seeing a fertility specialist to have futher testing done. When I went to the specialist he performed 2 more ultrasounds, one external and one internal... at that time I had 48 cysts on my right ovary and he stopped counting at 35 on my left ovary. He said because my periods are so irregular and the amount of cysts I have, my chances of getting pregnant on my own are very very slim. He said that I only ovulate once every 3-6 months and will never really know when it is. So in order for me to get pregnant I have to try it through invitro, and that may not even work for me. And i want kids. About a month or so after seeing the specialist I started having the same excruciating pains again, so I went back to the hospital, they gave me an IV with morphine and it didnt help at all, so they gave me something stronger and that barely even took any of the pain away. The doctor at the hospital toldmethe only way tostop this from happening is to have a historectomy done and I refuse to do that, especially since I was only 19 at that time.