Hi, guys. My brother was diagnosed arrhythmia. He has had some heart problems, but we didn’t know what exactly he had. I would like to know whether arrhythmia is dangerous. What do you know about this? I would really appreciate all your replies. This will mean a lot to me. Bye!

Hi. Arrhythmias are changes of a regular heartbeat. It usually means that heart misses one beat or there is an extra beat. Most of the arrhythmias are minor and not so serious. Smaller group of people have arrhythmias that require treatment and can be considered to be dangerous. If there is an additional heart problem, then arrhythmia is more serious. Some arrhythmias like ventricular fibrillation are very dangerous. In these cases, heart does not pump enough blood into the blood vessels. Your brother should talk to his doctor about some details of his disease. I hope his case is not so serious. Bye!