Hello, good people. My wife has been diagnosed recently hyperthyroidism. She has recently started to complain to heart symptoms. I am worried about this. Does hyperthyroidism predispose you to cardiac arrhythmias? I would really like to know this. Thank you in advance for all your replies. This will mean a lot to me.

Hi, there. High levels of thyroid hormones affect heartbeats. Atrial fibrillation is also a sort of arrhythmia. It is common for people with hyperthyroidism. It appears with 5 to 10 % of people with this disease. Atria cannot pump efficiently the blood into the ventricles. As a result, ventricles cannot pump enough amount of the blood into the blood vessels. Most of the arrhythmias that happen with people with hyperthyroidism are not so dangerous. However, doctor should know about their presence. I hope your wife will be all right. Bye!

Hi! I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and yes, I feel like I have adrenaline because my heart just pumps fast and hard.. They doctor said its ok and just gave me propanolol to keep my heart beating normal..hope I helped