Hello, folks. My husband has been suffering from tachyarrhythmia and his doctor suggests him to consider of getting an ICD and taking Amiodarone as well. I would like to know something more about this combination. What are your experiences about this? I would appreciate it. Thanks to all who reply. Bye!

Hello. Amiodarone is considered to be a very potent drug. It is very effective in preventing atrial or ventricular fibrillations. Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) is implanted with patients with risk of sudden death caused by ventricular fibrillation. Implantation of ICD is similar to implanting a pacemaker. Amiodarone with ICD are believed to reduce frequency of repetitive discharges. I don’t know about some details. Your husband should check this with his cardiologist. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!