Hello, folks. I was diagnosed an arrhythmia several days ago. I must admit that I am little concerned. I wonder how people manage living with arrhythmia. Do you have any suggestions? I will gladly hear out all your advices and suggestions. I will appreciate all your replies. Thanks in advance, guys.

Hello. If you follow your doctor’s instructions, you will feel better. Take the prescribed medications regularly. You should avoid certain substances that can provoke and worsen your arrhythmias. Some of them are: caffeine, alcohol, tobacco, appetite suppressants, cough and cold medications, psychotropic medications, beta blockers, antiarrhythmics, cocaine and marijuana. Your doctor should suggest you all that. You should also normalize your blood pressure and your body weight. Certain moderate physical activity is also recommended. Try to explain to your closest friends and family that you have real symptoms and that you cannot do everything that a healthy person can. I hope I’ve helped. Bye!

Hi Alina!

I see this post is over a year ago andwould like to know how you are doing now. I was diagnosed with ventricular tachycardia 3 months ago and I am having a hard time understanding the problem and its impact on my activity. Up until the the day i was diagnosed, I was exercising regularly and had great energy. After the diagnosis, the heart cath and the med (Coreg), I am a mess!!! The tingling & pain in my legs and arms turned out to be the med...not my thyroid or any of the other costly tests they put me through...I Cut back on the med and am feeling much better. My cardiologist has been 0 help. She told me to 'get back to normal', gain some weight, and come back to see her in six months. I am really trying to find the right person to help with the proper exercise program...a physical therapist??? Any ideas out there??? How is everyone else out there doing???

I have been told by cardiologist to take it one day at a time.....no exercise program was recommended......just take it slow........