Hi everyone,

I know some stuff about bipolar disorder but I never really had the chance to meet anyone with this disorder so I never bothered learning more about it.

A couple of days ago I had an opportunity to meet someone who is suffering from this. She didn't look different from anybody but during our conversation, she told me that she is suffering from bipolar disorder, that it is really hard for her and that she doesn't know what to do about it. But she insists that this treatment, if there is any, to be a natural cure. Does anyone know if there is something like this?

Hey Deni,

There are some sort of home remedies that can help with this, and some lifestyle changes as well, like with any other kind or type of depression.

First of all, exercising regularly can help a lot when it comes to people who are suffering from bipolar disorder. Also, people with bipolar disorder should get more sleep than other people, they need plenty of sleep. They should avoid alcohol and illegal substances for they can have an extremely bad effect on them.

When it comes to food, fish oils, amino acids and St. John’s wort are known to help a lot.

I hope that you are not into this girl, Deni. You can help her out with advice about treating it but I wouldn't recommend dating her or getting attached to her. People with bipolar disorder are most likely to leave you even without any proper reason.

No alcohol, definitely. Alcohol is bad for people with bipolar disorder. I basically agree with everything that the user above me wrote. Fish oils and amino acids are definitely good, not only for bipolar people but for everybody.

She should start with exercising regularly, it keeps both the mind and the body healthy, remember that.

Hi Deni,

I don't know which tea exactly, you have to check this out somewhere on the internet or ask in the pharmacy or something, but I know that there are two different teas that need to be combined in order to make the right tea that can help in treating bipolar disorder. But like I said, I don't know which two these are so you better search around and find this by yourself. 

I would definitely recommend exercising regularly before anything else. It helped me fight my depression, I think it can help with literally anything, best way for treating mental problems.

Hello there. Sincerely, I don't think so. Anyway, I believe that people with this kind of disorder, with bipolar disorder can't be healed. I am not telling this because I think so. I remember that when I was younger, there was some lady in next door and she had this disorder. Of course, I didn't know what this was but I was growing up and I noticed that something is not OK with her. Later, my folks told me that she has bipolar disorder. They tried to help her, they tried to find a numerous of cures for it, but nothing - no one was able to help her. So I believe that there is no natural cure for it.

It is very hard to understand people who have bipolar disorder. They don't understand themselves and you can't understand them as well. But I don't agree that there are no remedies for it. That can mean what, that people who have it are alone, without anyone and that nothing can't help them? I don't agree. There are a couple of things that can be helpful - for example, diet program. Another thing that is very good is exercise plan and program on the daily basis, some long walks are good as well. People with this disorder should try this, because it is ok. 

I am a person with bipolar disorder. It is very hard to find the cure. Sometimes, I am convinced that the cure does not exist at all even if my friends and my whole family want to find something that fits me. They did a numerous of the researches to help me. At this moment they are giving me the products that contain : Omega-3 fatty acids, folic acid, b vitamins, c vitamins, magnesium, etc. Those all are the things that can be helpful. They were helpful to me and I believe that sometimes that is the only way. I know that it is very important not to give up and I do know how hard this can be. I have this disorder and sometimes I just want to run thought the walls.

Hey there. I have heard that there are some alternative cures for the people with bipolar disorder. Those alternative treatments are full of the benefits and they are actually very helpful. I definitely vote for fish oil because I saw how this can help person who have bipolar disorder. Bipolar disorder seems to be less common in countries where people consume fish and fish oil according to some researches.  Consumption of seafood is associated with lower incidence of bipolar I and bipolar II disorder. People with depression also tend to have lower omega-3 in their blood.That is why this is good. Fish oil is generally good for a lot of things. 

Sure that there are some natural cures and it won't take you a long time to find them. But there are also a couple of things that you can do to deal with it. For example, you should exercise. People with bipolar disorder have very high risk of heart disease and obesity as well, so exercise can help you stabilize it. Also, you should get plenty of sleep - at least eight hours. It is very important to avoid relationships that are not healthy, because those relationships can get worsen your bipolar disorder and those relationships can cause some crazy behavior. Also, eat healthy foods, that is also amazing thing.