Hi, I fell in love in a guy before I found out that he’s bipolar. We are together for four months, and I can’t stop thinking is this a good idea after all. Is it worth to work on relationship with someone who is bipolar? What if we decide to live together? What will that life look like?

I have a bipolar father. I don’t think it’s a nice thing to say that bipolar persons might not be “worth fighting for”. They can have a normal relationship, and with meds, it’s not hard to achieve. He has some ups and downs, but don’t we all? When he uses meds, he is completely normal, but when he doesn’t use them, he becomes depressed. I guess that bipolarity can be more or less severe, and my father is probably a mild case. It’s up to you if you’re going to stay with that guy. If you’re unhappy with him and if you don’t love him enough to make some secrecies, then you probably shouldn’t.

Being divorced for a awile now, met my true love. She has bipolar. Also she has two children and an abusife huband. She wants to devorce him and try to recover. Then we will see if a relationship is viable, as I have mild dpression and p.t.s.d. taking Effcksor with welped me to sleep out nite. I just want enquire about people with similar situations and email
*******. Any response will be welcom. I feel this is my bride to be one day. Important, what changes happen to a woman who also used SEREQUEL !

Thanx, good site and forum[/url]

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

Living with a Bi-Polar is extremely difficult. It is very important for you to know what to expect, what to look for, warning signs and so forth. Being patient and understanding, and knowledgeable is the most important thing you can do for them. I am Bi-Polar as well as BPD, and so is my fiancee'. We make it work, but not without a lot of effort.

my mom is bipolar and she says very bad things but i still love her even though she threaten me

....hii everyone. uhmm, ii too am bipolar; and im sure its very hard dealing with someone who is bipolar but were human beings as well and we didnt choose to have this disease, its like you didnt have the choice to be whatever race you wanted to be,you are what youre parents are (no choice). but uhm, to people that are are debating whether to date bipolar people or not, its up to yourself.You are going to need alot of patience though, because we during episodes will sometimes say mean things that are hurtful but theyre like blurts so dnt try to take them offensive though lol. thats kind of hard because its coming from a loved one. but yea if anyone wants to talk about being bipolar.
*Letty

i have bipolar disorder. and i've been crazy before. but when i take my meds i am fine and can live a normal life. bipolar people that are not medicated can do some crazy things, my friends kid tried to burn her house down in a fit. but i think being bipolar is fun. idk im alot more happy than most people. and ive had sucessful relationships. the thing you need to look out for is people with a co-occuring drug addiction. which can even make normal people act bipolar.

eh im rambling hope this helps

Hello everyone. My boyfriend was just diagnosed with bi polar on Monday. And began taking his medication on Tuesday. She started him on a low dosage of ability so that ge could get acclimated and slowly work up to 20mg. Unfortunately by the time he was diagnosed it had taken a huge toll on our relationship and we are currently not together. I couldn't handle giving 200% percent anymore while he gave nothing. I truly do want to be there for him and I cannot live without him, but unfortunate after the way things played out he needs time to figure out who he is and what he needs out of life before we can focus on ourselves again.. anyways, my question is this.. when first diagnosed, how long did it take for your medication to really start balancing out your mood, and if anyone is willing to talk further i would greatly appreciate just talking and getting any advise that i can. I have never in my life dealt with someone who had BPD. So this is quite overwhelming for me as well as hard for me to understand completely and I really would like to so I can be there for him and not let it affect us. my email address is . please anyone and everyone I would love to hear from you. Thankyouu.

-Ally

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

Wow, that was harsh. I am bi-polar and married, with 5 kids. We are people too!!! I never had a problem finding love, infact I married my husband when I was 17, and we've been married 10 plus years. I know my mood swings are difficult, but love is blind. We fight like any normal couple, and I flip out, but we get through it. he knew something was wrong withthe mood swings, and I wasnt diagnosed until I was 21, but he stuck it out. It never crossed his mind if it was worth the risk. You do how ever need to be sure the guy your with isnt just an ass.

Hi Ally

For my finace the meds started working after just five days but it has been a long difficult process to find the correct dosage.

hi everyone. Bipolar disorder is a cruel and heartwrenching illness, if you let it. lol Im going though it right now. Its hard to see and watch your loved one do things and say things to you that are so mean and hurtful but you know its not them talking. My situation she has told me she hates being this way and can't help it. On the other hand you feel sadness and anger toward them and that makes you feel guilty because you know its not fair and wrong to attack them or fight about it but sometimes its hard not to and you just have to try your best to get through it. You ask yourself how could a person treat someone they love this way and how do you let yourself be treated this way? For me its love and I know how her true self is and how we were together and wanting that all back. Should I wait? How long? will it ever go back to the way it was? Will she feel that way toward me again? Should I try and move on? Is that right to do? which part of her is the illness today and which part isn't? Is it all the illness? Is this how she really feels? Why does she treat me this way? Why do I deserve this? These are all questions running through my head and probably yours too. Just please if theres love and hope please try and do everything you can to stay together or get back together. I am. Remember its not their fault their like this and who they are now is not them, it can't be!

Also if you try to talk to them about how you feel not how they make you feel, remember that. use I not you. they will probably get defensive and place no blame on themselves and all you will do is fight. So try and keep it to yourself and wait until their in a better state of mind or medicated and back to normal.