Hello guys. I was reading a lot of your posts in here and I found out that a lot of you guys have some issues with their bipolar husbands. So it was really hard for me to come here and to open my soul to the bunch of strangers, but I need to do this because there is no other option for me. Well, I really do have problem with my bipolar husband because whenever he has some problem (and lately generally) he is running away from me. I don't know why, why is going on. Did you have any experience with it? Why does my bipolar husband keep running away from me?

because your making him more bipolar

Regarding Guest's attitude towards you, Worried Wife, I'd think that he is your husband.

People who have bipolar disorder can have periods in which they feel overly happy and energized and other periods of feeling very sad, hopeless, and sluggish. In between those periods, they usually feel normal. You can think of the highs and the lows as two "poles" of mood, which is why it's called "bipolar" disorder.

During their bad periods, they feel really down and they are doubting everything and everyone, even their own emotions, and this is why bipolar people have trouble with relationships and they often keep running away.

This is so common. This is not a special case in any way, Worried Wife, bipolar people just keep running away, that's just how things are. Lucky for you, your husband keeps coming back, I know two people whose loved ones ran away and never came back. One of them never found out where did his lady go. 

Don't put any pressure on him or he will snap and do the same thing, one day he won't want to come back. You need to give him space. Avoid any arguments which could make him angry or sad. Only keep positive energy inside the house.

It is just what bipolar people do, they run away. Sad people cry, depressed people talk about suicide and stuff, and bipolar people keep running away from their loved ones. You asked why? I have no idea. It's got to be their sudden mood changes. I've never been bipolar so I can't really see things from their perspective, but I know that they have these sudden mood changes when they keep questioning everything. It is like, now they love you, then they have no idea if they love you or not. Giving him some space is a good idea, try that one out.

He is not going to stop doing that, Worried wife, that is what bipolar people do. My advice for you would be that you leave him before he leaves you, it is going to happen sooner or later, you know?

My bipolar husband left me because of this. I'm not giving you this advice because I'm broken, I'm telling you this because I don't want you to go through the same things that I have went through. He will leave you for good some day, trust me on this one. If you don't want that to happen, it would be wise to separate now.

yea but that was your expiernce you dont even know whats going to happen in her situation you dont even know if hes being treated or anything stop giving bad advise just because your grumpy and un happy doest mean she is

Hey there. I never understand it that well. I really have to be honest with you, but I was reading a lot about it. What do you mean when you are saying this - because you are making him more bipolar? How? How do you even know that? I am asking this because I believe that my friend has this problem as well, but she doesn't want to talk about it. But I am sure that I have heard her talking to someone and that she mentioned that she also is having problems with her bipolar husband...

I will try to answer on your question because my aunt had a lot of problems with her husband. He was bipolar as well and those changes in his behavior were really abnormal. First characteristic of bipolar people is that they are running away. Whenever they are having some problems, they will run away. So, I know that this is very hard, but when you see that your husband is having those problems, you need to back off for a while and let him go. Possibilities that he is going to run away are still huge, but you need to let him go. I think that you can't stop him...

I was living with bipolar husband. He left me. I couldn't understand than why, but now I do...I needed a lot of time to understand it. He just could not resist the compulsion, even if I know that he did like me. I am sure that he just had this stupid voice in his head that it was telling him - You know that it is hard, you know that you can leave, right? Well, just leave! So he did listen to that voice. I really was sure that he won't listen to it, that he won't leave, but guess that I was wrong. I think that he needed that crazy bipolar space and he left. And I was sure that he won't go anywhere. I really can tell from my own experience that you don't know what can happen with those people...

I am really sorry to hear this kind of experience, but you really need to know that you can never know what is going on in the heads of bipolar persons. And you can't judge them. You just can't. But I think that you need to know that your husband was not running away from you. Being bipolar means that bipolar persons are living in so small, so tiny place where they have just one exit. And if that exit means that he or she needs to go through this exit, they will do it. They just want to go to some more beautiful place, where they are going to feel safe. 

I know. People are telling me that I don't have a reason to think that it is my fault. That I couldn't help him because he has his own, small world where he lives in. But now I am reading some comments that you can make someone more bipolar. I really don't know have I done this, but somehow I really do feel guilty, even if I do know that I was not forcing him to do anything, I was not telling him nothing. I just woke up one day and he was not there, he just went away. He left me a note where it says - I found a better place to live. Love, Ian. I was crashed...but now I understand him.

BS frikkin answer...I'm bipolar..I too run. My feelings do flip flop..but if my partner showed me the love and attention to feel confident he will love me and support me no matter what..the thought would never enter my head. Imagine what it's like to wake up everyday feeling the way we do. We are scared and afraid and have major trust issues. You show us security and love..we aren't running anywhere!

BS. I've given my heart and soul- love, trust, confidence and a home where he is loved and understood but still... He runs away. He cheats, lies, takes off leaving me with our 3 kids, money goes missing and he has been violent towards me. Now tell me, who is scared? Who is afraid? The unmedicated bipolar jerk of a husband? Nah. It's me. Me and my kids. Despite the love, reassurance and security we have given him. Sometimes, the ill one is just so "broken" that despite all the love, efforts and good intentions of the person trying to live/deal with this bipolar person, it just doesn't make a difference and the problematic behavior continues. To say that all a person needs to do to control this wreckless behavior is present love, trust and security is just BS and places the behavior as a reaction to the non bipolar person. Take ur meds and f*****g control your sh*t, regardless of whether or not there's love or trust.

Damn. Salty. You are right though. The behavior isnt your fault. But im 100% sure you make it worse with your shitty attitude. All the "love" you are showing him isnt sh*t when coupled with belittling remarks. Yoy arent capable of having a relationship with a bipolar man and he isnt capable of dealing with your snarky comments.