My daughter was diagnosed with mild form of bipolar disorder 3 years ago. She was on drugs until 9 months ago but I now think that her disorder is relapsing. How come for I thought it’s gone forever, she was feeling fine and all of a sudden it got back again? Is it possible it is relapsing?

Well madam I’m sorry but it is very possible. The thing is if once someone got diagnose like that he’s got it for life, it’s just that the bipolarism symptoms are manifested in episodes that differs from one another by their frequency and severity. My cousin is also diagnosed with bipolar disorder and what’s important here is not it interrupt the medical treatment and that means that your daughter actually needs to keep having this mood stabilizations treatment for a long long period of time and I advice you mix them with anti depressants for the effects are better than. You know from now on she’ll probably has the risk of relapsing bipolar disorder symptoms for life, but it also doesn’t have to mean that she can’t have normal life. She can have it that’s for sure despite the disease relapsing. It is important that bipolarism is under constant medical control and you must provide her also a good social treatment, try to write down her mood conditions and every change in her behavior so the doc could have the chance to determine the best treatment that would fit her condition in which manner relapsing problem might also be reduced.