Hello, I have to admit that I do not like drugs/medicaments (well, who does it). I tend to use alternate ways of healing if possible, and I have heard that Castor oil can deal with constipation (and that it also can be applied for some other things). Is castor oil usp the same as regular castor oil?

I have to agree with you that Castor oil is a good remedy, applicable to many conditions. I use it to soften my skin and when I was pregnant it helped with delivery. I do not doubt that it will help you regulate your defecation. USP means that it has passed USP norms and regulations, but it is basically the same thing.

ALWAYS read the label. Some casor oil is not to be taken orally. I purchased a bottle of Castor Oil as a laxitive, and on the label in large bold print it read"DO NOT INGEST". I have been trying to find out the difference, but no luck so far. If you need it as a laxative, make sure it is USP certified

Is castor oil up and organic castor oil the same?

Is castor oil usp the same as organic castor oil?

USP and organic are two different things.

Definition of USP=

"USP stands for United States Pharmacopeia Pharmacology. It's a compendium of drug standards that includes assays and tests for determining drug strength, purity and quality; USP is recognized US federal law, published by the authorities of the US Pharmacopeia convention."

So the product would have had to pass all applicable tests to get a USP rating. For castor oil, I heard that USP means food grade, which means it can be taken orally. Non USP can only used topically.

Organic=

Organic means the castor oil beans were grown organically, using organic protocols. Look up definition of "organic" for information on the protocols.
For example, no pesticides used may be a protocol.

So specifically in answer to your question, castor oil can be USP (food grade) and not organic.

I hope this helps.

USP and Organic are two different things

USP =

USP = United States Pharmacopeia Pharmacology A compendium of drug standards that includes assays and tests for determining drug strength, purity and quality; USP is recognized US federal law, published by the authorities of the US Pharmacopeia convention.

A product rated USP would have had to pass all required tests. For castor oil I heard that means it is food grade and can be taken orally. Non USP castor oil can only be used topically.

Organic=

An organic castor bean used to make castor oil would have to be grown using
organic protocols. Look up definition of "organic" for protocols.
One protocol may be that pesticides cannot be used.

So in answer to your specific question, castor oil could be USP and non organic.

I hope this helps.

Can I use this caster oil usp stimulant laxative for hair?

I bought a basic generic castor oil usp and the bottle says for constipation relief. Worse taste and after taste but it works. If you're looking for better relief, try ducolax. 2 pills at night and the next morning you'll be cleared out!

Is castrol oil used for motors & your hail ?

Yes it did help. Thank you so much

So can I put it in my hair ? I got the one that says u.s.p but I want to put it in my hair . I can't figure out if it's safe to do so

DO NOT INJEST IT MIGHT HEAL YOU Naturally..

It would be because castor beans have ricin in them which is very toxic!! So any castor oil that is not USP approved or some that are bought as organic or untreated will probably state not to ingest as it may still have the ricin in it.