OK...

I reluctantly decided to use castor oil to regrow my overwaxed (years ago) eyebrows a while back, like maybe a month ago? I've seen some hair growth, but not a lot. Yes, I massaged it in thoroughly for like three minutes each month. I'm now finding it hard to keep going to be honest, because no new hairs seem to be appearing. I'm wondering if I can add something else to the mix now... like careprost (generic Latisse 'cause I'm cheap like that, LOL). Is that alright, folks, to use both those things at the same time? I was initially worried that castor oil would discolor my skin but it hasn't happened so I'm thinking perhaps careprost won't either. If the two interact in a nasty way though, who knows... so yeah, I'm looking for experiences here. 

Latisse is only approved for use on your eyelashes, not on your eyebrows. That means you should not be using it to try to get longer or fuller eyebrows, probably because it carries the risk of causing hyperpigmention, which you already mentioned. You should use a growth serum made for your eyebrows if you want to get thicker and longer eyebrows. There are plenty of those about, so just ask at your local pharmacy. I am sorry the castor oil is not working for you the way you wished. It worked for me.

Yeah, I know... I sound crazy, right? I went from being sceptical as hell about castor oil to wanting everything around for my eyebrows. 'Cause yeah, nothing happened with the castor oil really, alright, well, like five new hairs. That's kinda disappointing I'll give ya that but on the up side, well, there weren't any side effects either which has made me think other stuff will probably be fine too. What other products for eyebrow growth are you talking about? Do you have any specific tips what i can use perhaps? Ta.

I read about using Latisse for growing out your eyebrows a lot before I actually used it. It's only approved for eyelashes, but it seems like quite a lot of people are using it for their eyebrows. Though this use is strictly off label, even doctors can be found on the internet saying that it can indeed do what you need it to do. So, I took the plunge and started using it. I have not had any side effects and my eyebrows are really starting to look great again. I am glad I decided to do it, but would not use another product like castor oil at the same time if I were you, just in case there might be an interaction of some sort. Good luck!

When I was younger I used to pluck my eyebrows a lot and guess what? I plucked them so much that there was hardly anything left. You don't quite realize, when you are holding those tweezers, quite how much you are removing, do you? Needless to say, the hair never did come back. Now I have to pencil them in every single day otherwise I don't have any eyebrows at all. I read something about sticking oil on the place where your eyebrows used to be and thought it might work. So I used olive oil from the kitchen cabinet and smeared that on my used-to-be eyebrows. Although my skin was nice and hydrated it didn't really help with hair growth. So personally, I would never try that again. You could do. A lot of time and effort for nothing, I say. And I've been thinking about getting these tattoos on my face now.

Wow, that sounds really positive! Thanks so much for posting that. I think I am going to take the plunge and do this. I really want me brows back!!! Alright, I'll skip the castor oil then especially considering that it hasn't done much for me so far, you know? I can just order this off the web, right, don't need to see my GP for it or anything? That's, like, safe? I saw a couple places that are selling Careprost and I'm just about ready to stick it in my cart. If anyone knows a reason not to, do share 'cause I want to know that stuff.

Brow tats... yeah, I've thought about that too. The thing that holds me back? Horror pictures of ladies that look like monsters perpetually surprised or just generally looking dreadful after their tats went wrong. I have loads of tattoos myself, and I trust my artist, but would never have tattoos on my face because that's the first thing people see about you. Never mind horrible permanent makeup gone wrong. So nah, I'll leave that for now...

Actually there were clinical trials and they show that Latisse does just as great a job at growing out eyebrows as it does at lengthening eyelashes. Look for this on the internet. They use the term Bimatoprost ophthalmic solution instead of Latisse, but it is the same thing.

In addition, there is RevitaBrow, which some people swear by and claim as very effective for growing your eyebrows out.

Of course, no matter what you end up using, you have to be strong and refrain from any type of plucking as your eyebrows grow back in, even if the hairs are popping up in places that are weird to you. Stock up on some good eyebrow gel kits to look normal while you are growing your eyebrows. Good like!