I was recommended to try flaxseed oil for dry eye symptoms. Does anyone know does flaxseed oil relieve dry eye symptoms?

Some eye care providers recommend flaxseed oil as a nutritional supplement for treating dry eye, but Flaxseed oil of course should be taken orally, and never applied directly to the eye. It contains healthy omega-3 fatty acids thought to help restore the oily portion of a tear film that moistens the eye, though the remedy does not work for everyone. Dry eye symptoms include a sensation of having grit or a foreign object in the eye but if symptoms persist, make sure you contact an eye care provider who might recommend other remedies.

I was advised to take flaxseed or fish oil supplements daily for dry eye by my eye doctor. I take 2 of the pills a day, and I can say they definitely help. I take flaxseed, not the fish oil. Just be aware they are not an "instant" fix. You have to commit to taking them every day, and after a few weeks you will notice a decrease in the dry eye that continue to be relieved as long as you take the supplements.

Hope this helps! =)

I had no idea that flaxseed oil would work. All you have to take is the pill and you can see a decrease? Where do you tend to get these pills? Let me know if you have a moment.