My eyebrows are naturally thin and sparse, and light brown in color. I'm seeing beautiful ladies with nice and bushy eyebrows everywhere now, in mags and in real life, and I would really like to have eyebrows like that! I know that makeup can create this appearance but I'm not a makeup artist and don't really get that good results. What can I do to naturally grow bushier eyebrows? Any tips for products I could use for bushier eyebrows or supplements perhaps? (Makeup tips would be nice too, but I really like naturally thick eyebrows and hope I can get them.)

Activist

Massage ur eyebrows with castoor oil...3...4 times a day ...its a natural remedy n will help for sure .. good luck

Hi Sangeeta,

I have heard about castor oil to regrowth eyebrow hairs that were previously decimated with waxing and tweezing, but my eyebrows have been so thin all my life that I have never even had my eyebrows waxed or tweezed them in the first place. Do you think castor oil can help for people who just have naturally sparse eyebrows too? That is, can it grow hairs where there have never been any before? Have you tried this method for yourself and would you mind sharing how it worked out for you?

Thanks!

Hi, I have tried with castor oil myself and haven't noticed any real results to be perfectly honest. I am still using it but thinking of stopping soon. I wanted bushier and fuller eyebrows myself. Some of my tweezer happy friends had used it with excellent results, which is what gave me the incentive to try. Nope, I can't say it did much for me. I am now hoping to find another product that may really help me get fuller eyebrows. By all means try castor oil because it is not expensive, but don't get your hopes up.

No dear I haven't used it myself as my eyebrows are quite dense but have heard a lot that's it.

Activist
Hi vanilla I haven't used it just heard from elders.

Hi everyone

I have heard fantastic things about Latisse to grow the eyebrows. I know that some serums are marketed for both eyebrows and eyelashes, but Latisse is not. Now my question is is there any reason at all not to try Latisse on eyebrows as well? I know this to be a prescription product and I don't know if they will give it to you if you say you will use it on your eyebrows? Of course if it is dangerous in some way I would not want to do it but otherwise I have heard Latisse is very powerful so seems like a good idea.

Celebrity
The main thing I have heard about Latisse is that it can discolor the skin on which you use it. When you apply it to your upper eyelashes, this effect may cause the appearance of an eggplant-colored eyeshadow, which many women don't mind at all. However, would you want that going on around your eyebrows? I suspect not. In general, products are marketed for specific purposes for a reason. If the makers thought it was good for eyebrows as well, of course they would be doing their best to market it as such so more people buy it.

Rosie

Interesting (I'm interested in Latisse for my eyelashes) I just spent some time reading reviews and there was one where a man mentioned that he was using Lumigan for high eye pressure and got really long eyelashes as a result. Without trying! That is fascinating, isn't it? Anyway, I also read a review of a woman who had trouble keeping Latisse "confined" to the eyelash area and grew bushier eyebrows too, again without trying. SO does it work? The answer seems to be definitely. I don't necessarily want darker patches either though. What products are out there that don't do that?

Oh, another eyebrow thread! Fun! (LOL.) Alright then. I initially actually joined this forum 'cause I was really upset over the way my eyebrows looked. I was considering all sorts, from tattoos to eyebrow serums. After saying I'd never use castor oil exactly 'cause I'd read that it could give you pigment trouble and I didn't wanna look like a clown, you know? I actually did end up buying castor oil and applying it faithfully. I didn't get pigment trouble. That's the good news. That's also where the good news ends :( sorry to say folks. I did grow some new hair. Yeah, about five of em in total. Well... that was so not worth it. That was after using it about a month. I have now given up on it pretty much. The bottle just sits in my bathroom, and I can't really be bothered to massage that stuff in any more. 

Here is what I did. (I read about this on the internet somewhere, but I don't remember where.)

Using nothing but the oils already in my kitchen, which are either sunflower oil, olive oil, or sesame oil, I massage my eyebrows every single night for about five minutes. It is important to use circular movements while you do that, and to keep on doing it for long enough. Then, and I did not read that part on the internet, because I don't like sleeping with cooking oil on my head, I wash it off. It might be because I'm unusually stubborn that I stuck with this routine for long enough to see a difference, but I did. It took about four months before I saw a real difference. I'm still at it just in case, but I am happy with the results at this stage.

So if you have stubbornness (oops, "tenacity" LOL) then you will probably experience what I did and get thicker brows.

Really? Just ordinary oils and massage, nothing else?

It would make me so very happy if that method would work for me too. My poor eyebrows were the victims of overplucking in my teens. I really had no idea what I was doing, and that should give you a good idea what my brows look like these days! I am 23 now and my brows are still battered. I would love to have them back. If your technique works, well, thanks so much. I would really like to have fuller brows again, without investing in expensive products!

There are those who use Latisse, which is a prescription product that is prescribed only to grow your eyelashes longer, on their eyebrows as well. The potential risk is temporary discoloration of the skin. However, if you read up on this, there are people who have used Latisse on their eyebrows without any problems and even some medical professionals concur that achieving bushier eyebrows is OK with Latisse, as an off-label use of the product. It may be something you wish to look into, because Latisse does work very well, better than any other product around. 

Celebrity
Like I said above, I would be concerned about this. Just because some people are using a product in an inappropriate manner, a way for which it was never approved, does not mean that you should also be doing the same thing or that you will have success, just because they did. Because Latisse is a prescription product, you would also have to either admit to wanting it to use on your eyebrows, or to lie to your physician. I would not be comfortable doing that because your eyebrows are an important part of your face and you don't want to mess them up even more.

Rosie

There have been clinical trials that investigated using Latisse as a method of eyebrow regrowth, and they came out with very successful results. Latisse for eyelashes itself was originally a medication for eye pressure or something like that. Heck, penicillin was discovered by accident! So the argument that because something was not made for something specific does not fly. Some of the best medications were discovered quite accidentally. I was not scared of using Latisse on my brows, and after trying castor oil and not seeing ANY difference (four months of hard work!) I am finally happy to say that I actually have eyebrows again. So don't be scared.