Celebrity

Hey,

As I keep telling people here, I have been experimenting with more natural products lately and I read a lot about them. I am now interested in hempseed oil, which is said to be a great option for people who have dry and easily irritated skin, which would be me. 

In addition, it can also be used in cooking and salads, and I do like a good multi-purpose product! 

What's missing for me is actual practical experience with hempseed oil — so of course I am turning to you! What is your experience with it, and for what do you use it?

Thank you.

Rosie

I have been using hempseed oil for going on two years now. Thew reason I started using it is that I had severe acne and wanted to treat it naturally. When someone said I should try hempseed oil, I did try hempseed oil and my skin cleared up quite soon. Fast forward to now and my skin has not looked better in a long, long time. I am very satisfied with the oil and ease of application and it just seems to be the best thing for my skin. I do not have any experience with dry skin so I can't say how well it will work for you, but why not try? You don't have much to lose.

I have never personally used hempseed oil, but I have come across a few blog posts that detailed it as an acne-fighter. That's interesting, isn't it? Though it seems to be buzzing around the web for it's acne-fighting abilities, hempseed oil is actually very good for dehydrated and flaky skin as well. Some even say that it can cure eczema. From what you have shared about your skin here, I think hempseed oil would be a very nice product for you to try out. Like the previous posted said, you don't have much to lose. Of course you can also incorporate it in a cream you make; it does not have to be a single-ingredient affair. 

I heard about hemp seed oil around a year ago, on a forum for moms I'm on where we were discussing acne. I've always suffered acne, but after I had my son, it got really bad. People mistook me for a teenage mother, partly because of the acne. So, someone on that forum suggested hemp seed oil. I stocked up right away, even though I was skeptical. What can I say, other than that I have been using it ever since? I was nursing at the time and I am so glad I did not have to turn to heavy and dangerous acne treatments to get my skin to look half normal. As long as it continues to work for me, I will never use any other moisturizer besides hemp seed oil. It is amazing how much difference a product can make to your self confidence.

Celebrity
Thank you for sharing that! I will certainly get some hempseed oil (is it "hempseed oil" or "hemp seed oil" — I am really not sure?) to try it out. I am glad that it worked so very well for you and that it transformed your skin. My skin type is very different. I have dry and sensitive skin, that usually reacts to any products with fragrances in it. However, I think I will try it based on the fact that some people are saying that it works very well for my skin type too. If I don't get the results I am hoping for, I can always use it in cooking instead.

Rosie

My experience with hemp seed oil has been positive. I have learned, though, that it works much better as a moisturizer when I mix it with castor oil. Since I started on the birth control pill, I was getting lots of pimples and I chose hemp seed oil because it is supposed to help with that. It does. You may also look into using hemp seed oil as part of an oil cleansing method routine. This works very well, although it is so different from the normal cleansing methods that it takes some getting used to.

So, I have acne prone skin that is a combination or normal and then oily in the T-zone. Because I have clogged pores on my cheeks, under my eyes, on my forehead, on my chin, and in abundance around my nose, I tried a whole bunch of different products all with the hope that something would change. When a friend suggested hemp seed oil to me, I decided why not give it a try. After using it for only two weeks now I can see that my T-zone is less oily than before. I can't see my pores look magically fine now so it isn't superman or anything like that, but it is doing better so far than other things I have tried, so I am satisfied for the moment and I hope my skin will still improve more.