Hello, folks. My mother constantly uses eucalyptus in various forms. She says that it is very useful and I would like to know in which way. Is eucalyptus a kind of medicinal herbs? I would really appreciate if someone could reply me this. Thank you in advance. Your help is more than welcomed. Bye!

Hi, there. You can consider eucalyptus as a medicinal herb. It is traditionally used to treat diabetes. Even some experiments on animals show its benefits in treating this disease. It is also often used to treat cough and common cold. It is often put in cough syrup and similar medications. Eucalyptus can be used as ointment and be put in the nose to ease the congestion. Some people use it for inhalation. It is also used to wake up someone that has fainted. Some herbalist suggest it for treating bad breath. As you can see, there are a lot of benefits.