Hi! I heard that some herbs are good for lung. I often have respiratory infections. Do you know some herbs which are good for lungs? I don’t want use products with herbs, I am looking pure herbs.

Hi! There are some herbs for lungs. I used some of them, and they can help. Mullein is a soothing expectorant that makes the mucous more fluid and less sticky, hence it can be coughed up more easily. It is used for bronchitis, colds, persistent coughs, tuberculosis, pleurisy, and whooping cough.
Angelica is good for the digestive system as well as the respiratory system. It is an expectorant, which means it will encourage coughing and the elimination of excess mucous.
Ginger is great in cases of excess phlegm, and bronchitis, and can also be used at the beginning of a cold. Garlic has been studied a lot for its immune benefits. It’s great both in the digestive system, and the lungs. It helps 'sterilize' the bronchial passage in the lungs, and has been used in bronchial infections like tuberculosis. It's great for tonsillitis, throat infections, and similar. As well as its cleansing effect on the lungs, garlic helps encourage mucous to cough up.

Check out this website thoroughly. It has a digest of what herbs and blends of herbs are good for.

http://www.herbsoflight.net/

It is great you want to use herbs BUT PLEASE if you take other medications. NUMBER ONE, make sure, MAKE REAL SURE that your meds do not interfere with herbs or vice versa, or you could be sorry.

Herbs really do work, doctors do not study herbs in school. I am a RN, and I have spoken to doctors about herbs they do not know anything about them, WOW!

If you take heart medicine, cancer meds, be careful because there are some herbs that are very potent and do not mix with heart meds and so on.

READ about the herbs in GNC has books or go to Hastings or any book store, sit and study before you start taking the meds, it should have warnings in the info about certain drugs this or that herb is not compatible with. BUT if it is not there are alternatives if you keep reading that are.

I take heart meds, and yes I had to learn the hard way not just to "TAKE" herbs when I didn't read about what I was taking and it did not mix with my other meds. My blood pressure went through the ceiling- luckily I was young,

imagine if you did this and older, you don't want to be a silly ole boy or girl and end up in a hospital with a heart attack or stroke do you because of the bad mix of herb and your meds.