My period just returned after pregnancy, and with a vengeance! I heard that periods would be less painful after pregnancy, but this is not at all true in my case. It is so bad that I don't feel like doing anything other than curling up into bad. I have taken tylenol. Are there any herbs that could help me with period pain in the future?

Angelica root or dong qui are both knowm to help women's overall reproductive health, including helping with period pains as well. You can buy dong qui from any Chinese herbs shop, and angelica root is available from health food stores or online. I think that taking either of these regularly will make your period pain disappear. Hope that helps.

I used to have a lot of pain with my period until I worked with a herbalist who put me on Mugwort. It is a really powerful herb, so much that I hesitate to suggest it....an way, it really helped. You HAVE to make sure it is right for you and that you take the right amount. To much and it feels like your dissolving. Not good. Also, if you have a new baby, you should see if it is safe to use right away. Talk to a womans herbalist for the best suggestions though.