Good day. My daughter is 37 years old and she had really bad things when it comes to her health. Now, she generally lost her will to fight against anything. I can hear her fighting with a cough every single night. But she keeps telling me that everything is OK with her. I looked at her medical card and it says that she has this nonproductive cough. I don't know a lot about it, I can only guess or read somewhere. But that is not really the main thing that I want to know. I want to know what are the best remedies for nonproductive cough?

Hey Guest,

You daughter is a mature woman already, she should be taking care of herself.

There are a few ways to treat this and I personally think that the best thing for her to do is to get a syrup from the pharmacy, that usually does the trick for me. I heard some people say that you can put two or three tea spoons of apple vinegar in a 200 ml water and gargle it, they say that this helps as well. Her doctor should have prescribed her with some medications already, are you sure that she isn't really taking any?

No matter how old your children are, they will always be your children and you will always care for them as they were still little, I know how that is, I completely understand you.

You can ask in the pharmacy about any medications for dry cough, any medication will work. However, if these medications do not work, it is because something is causing her dry cough without it being a cold or a flue and you can't really treat it before you know what is causing it. If that is the case, then she should go and talk to her doctor.

As long as it is not chronic, this should be able to help.

Take two or three tea spoons of sugar (full tea spoons), put the sugar inside the coffee pot and heat it up until it becomes yellow and liquidish. Once that happens, pour some milk inside the same coffee pot, you might want to heat the milk a bit before you do that though. Then simply wait for the sugar to dissolve in milk and it is ready to be drunk. This is my favorite way of treating dry cough and the most delicious one definitely, it tastes like chocolate milk.

I have a problem with chronic dry cough. I tried everything, literally everything but it did not help. I don't know if you guys are going to believe this but I have this dry cough for about 2 years now. I am perfectly fine, I went to see my doctor, I did some tests and I am perfectly fine but my cough became chronic and now I have no idea how to treat it. I thought once that the problem is in my head and that I just have to stop coughing but it didn't help. Do you have any advice for me?

Hey. So my daughter tried almost anything to cope with it and so far she didn't have any success. Yesterday I bought some syrup and some spray for her and I were hoping that this is going to help her. I know that it is early to see some results, but I am scared that she got some other issue because of this dry chronic cough. I was reading a lot about it and I find out that this dry cough can cause almost anything to her. I had experience with it, like many of you but I was able to heal this with classical syrup from the local pharmacy store.

Ok, your daughter is actually fighting with non - productive cough and with a dry cough at the same time? 

Why, but why she hasn't asked for help? It can become serious, and you know that.

There are some tricks and remedies, besides syrups that can do the job.

For example - lemon. Generally, it is known that lemon helps to loosen and clear phlegm. Here is what you can do for her or tell her to do that - you can mix it with honey, make a lemon gargle  or mix up a cup of warm lemonade. I am sure that this will help her a little bit after a while. Good luck. 

This can be very annoying, right?
Sometimes in the pharmacy store won't tell you about powerful elderberry syrup. I do know that I was so relieved when I discovered that this really exists and how to make it at my home as well.It really helped me a lot for this issue. The main problem for me was because I had the very sensitive stomach and I know that I have tried so many medicines. Not good for me, at all. So this syrup really helped me. Ask someone in the pharmacy store to help you find it or to find recipe. It is amazing, almost a magical cure.