I’m fifty years old and I’ve been using Bronkaid several days now for the nasal congestion and other symptoms of flu that got me. While helping me to sleep at night, and instant relief I feel after taking it, I noticed something else. Is irregular heart beat one of side effect of ephedrine?

Ephedrine is closely related in structure to methamphetamine, that is why many people are concerned. Research conducted on ephedrin by the court shows the herb can speed heart rate and constrict blood vessels even in seemingly healthy people, but it's particularly risky for those with heart disease or high blood pressure or who engage in strenuous exercise.

Any stimulant like that is going to have an impact on your heart and circulatory system. If you're prone to heart problems, definitely avoid ephedrine. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend using it at all if you don't have to. It's a pretty powerful stimulant, and prolonged use can have negative health effects for anyone.