Hi everybody. I recently went through a labor. I had a beautiful little girl, she is healthy and she so lovable. She is here beside me while I am writing this, she is asleep. The most beautiful creature ever. Anyway, I need to lose weight now since I was huge before the labor. People thought I was carrying twins. Some woman today recommended I should try Elimination diet. She asked if I was breastfeeding, and I said yes. She said- that’s another reason why you should follow this diet. It is recommended to breastfeeding moms. Does anybody here know something about this? Why is this diet recommended to breastfeeding moms ?

Hi!

I  have also recently given birth to a little girl. She is my little angel. We had minor health problems, she is very sensitive, but we are fine now.  I am also breastfeeding.  The other day I noticed that she became very irritable and gassy after I drank a couple of glasses of orange juice. I don’t know are those two things even connected but I don’t want to risk, so I stopped drinking it. The doctor says she may have some food allergies.

When I told this to my neighbor she recommended me to try Elimination diet. She says she was following it while she was breastfeeding. I also have no idea in which way this diet affects breast milk. I hope there is somebody who can explain this to us. 

Hello ladies.

I can explain.  Everything you eat is processed and present in the breast milk. Sometimes, babies are over-sensitive or allergic to some types of food. They may develop diarrhea and loose stools or rashes as a consequence of those food allergies. Elimination diet can help you to indentify foods your baby is allergic to.

Lilian50, since you are breastfeeding, and you suspect your baby may be allergic,  you should try eliminating those foods that make her feel gassy and irritable. Since you mentioned orange juice, eliminating acidic foods and drinks probably wouldn’t be a bad idea (not all of them of course).