Hey there people. I hope that you are doing fine. I am a little bit better with my depression. So, before I find out that I am struggling with depression, I was in fitness and gym. But I abandoned it when I this happened to me.

I was planing to go back into the gym, but that one my friend told me that I should try yoga, because it is much better and it can help me feel better when I am depressed.

So, to cut long story short, my question is - Is it true that yoga can rapidly improve your life if you are depressed?

I'm not really sure about the "rapidly" part, I guess it depends on how well you do your yoga and how often you do it, but it can definitely help you, that's for sure.

If you start doing yoga, I would suggest that you start meditating as well. These two make a really good combination when it comes to fighting depression, or just leading a normal and healthy life. Yoga teaches you about some common exercises used to relax both your mind and your body, it works perfectly. I was doing yoga for some time, but I had to stop eventually. 

Hey Stressed or Depressed,

Yoga can definitely improve your life if you are depressed. Well, it's enough to just say that yoga can definitely improve your life regardless of anything else.

I tried yoga when I was a kid and I ran across so many people who think that yoga is silly and that it is stupid. All the people who eventually decided to try yoga are sorry for what they said and kind of consider them to be silly for even saying what they said about yoga in the past.

I would definitely recommend you to try and do it.

Yoga and meditation, the little secrets of life. You can't simply explain what yoga does to you until you start doing it yourself. You will get addicted to it, trust me, and it is a good thing to get addicted to, it is one of the best things to get addicted to actually.

It can help with anything. Whatever problem you have, yoga can help you, because yoga makes you mentally strong, and basically all problems come from within your head, only mental problems exist in this world, if you ask me. So yes, yoga can improve your life if you are depressed.

I would say yes to this question. I am not sure about the "rapidly" part either, but I think that it would be possible as well.

I have been practicing yoga for quite some time now, I think it is going to be five years in February next year. I have been holding classes for the past 2 years and there were some people who told me how I helped them fight their depression and anxiety (but it wasn't really me who helped them, it was yoga actually) and it always makes me feel good to hear that people are overcoming their problems.

Yeah, that is exactly what I was thinking about but I was not so sure. I have heard that yoga is great, but I haven't tried it yet.  I am not sure why, but it seems very difficult for me to do yoga. Anyway, I was talking to one friend of mine (from my work) and she told me that yoga can indeed improve your life and that can help you when you are depressed. Now, I am reading your comments and I really don't know what to think about this whole situation. 

Should I try yoga or should I try something else? 

Hey there. I really don't understand why you give up that quickly without trying? Just because someone told you that yoga is not that good and that she (your friend) was not able to be good at it? That is silly! I am doing yoga for 17 years now and I can tell you that I really do feel amazing about this whole situation. I am not saying that can improve your life quickly especially when you are depressed but I am sure that it can help you improve your life generally. So, you really should try, you should give yoga a chance and you'll very soon understand why I am recommending it to you. Have a nice day and do yoga!

Look, we can discuss about this forever, someone can tell you that yoga can help you, while someone can tell you that yoga is not that good. 

I agree with the fact that yoga can't improve your life quickly but it is good for depression and anxiety. 

It can reduce the stress and you should remember one thing - yoga IS natural anti - depressant. So, I don't believe that you need lot of reasons to avoid yoga in your life.

You should try. It is true, it can be difficult at the begging, but once you learn it you will feel amazing.