Hi, my very good friend who is 34 years old is suffering from major depression. It started when his sister died several years ago and he never recovered from it. Several times he tried to commit suicide but fortunately he didn't make it. Sometimes he feels little better but it is just short period which don't last long. I would like to know what the best treatment for such disorder is.

Hi, my brother is also struggling with same disorder. He was 30 years old when he showed first signs of major depression. His wife died during the labor. I think that in the first several weeks when these people experience extreme sadness it is the best for them to be in the hospital because of potential suicide tendencies, poor feeding and regular taking of medication. Combination of antidepressant drugs and psychotherapy is the best for these people