Hi everyone.

Usually when I am depressed people keep telling me that I should do something about this. Of course, no one has ever told me what I should do exactly, until one of my friends told me that I should exercise because workout can really help me about this.

So I started to go to gym and I can tell you that I do feel really good. I think that I do have more positive energy but I never knew how can exercising and workout help you fight depression? Do you know why exercising is good to fight depression? 

There are a lot of ways in which working out can help you with your depression.

It releases feel-good brain chemicals that may ease depression (neurotransmitters, endorphins and endocannabinoids), it reduces immune system chemicals which are basically there to worsen your depression, it increases your body temperature and that makes you feel more relaxed.

On the other hand, exercise helps you build self confidence, this is a very important thing. It is a great way to take your mind off the problems as well and you are more likely to have some social interaction while exercising as well, all of these things are good whether you are fighting depression or not.

I don't know how, but it just does. When I was suffering from depression, a good friend of mine told me to start running with her. It took some time until she convinced me but after our first run together, I felt so good that I can't describe it with words. From that day on, we ran every day together, and when she couldn't make it, I went running alone.

It sure helped me fight my depression. It made me feel good in my own skin and it made me get out of my house every day, plus, it is very healthy for your body as well.

The more the adrenaline, the better you will feel, it is as it is.

Haven't you ever noticed that people who are doing exercises and training on a daily basis are somehow always in a better mood than other people? This is why exercising is great for people who are depressed, it makes them feel better about themselves, it makes them think less and it lifts their adrenaline as well as their will to do things. 

I am really glad to hear that you have started going to the gym, this is so good for you, you don't even have an idea how good it is.

Yeah, my psychologist told me that I should start exercising when I was seeing him a couple of years ago. I was suffering from depression and I was a bit overweight. He told me that exercising would be the first step towards my treatment and once I started to exercise, things started to be a bit brighter for me. I was proud of myself actually for trying and proud of myself that I managed to exercise. I kept exercising every day along with seeing my psychologist two times a week. It took me about five months to completely get rid of my depression.

I don't know how to describe it, but it just makes you feel awesome. It makes you feel useful, it makes you feel good about yourself, it makes you think that life actually has a point and that not everything is as black as it seems to be. I am sure that someone will have a better explanation for this, maybe if you ask a psychologist, he will know to explain this precisely, I just shared my thoughts with you, how I see it. Exercise helped me overcome numerous things throughout my life and I am glad that I managed to start exercising.

Hey there.

The best thing that you can do while you are depressed is to exercise. It can be your cure for everything. It is never late to start with exercising.

And there is so many reasons for it. For example, while you exercise, at least for 15 minutes, you will have much better self - image and you can boost your self-confidence. Also, exercise is a distraction that can get you away from the cycle of negative thoughts. While you are exercising, you are focusing your mind on totally different things and there is no place for negative thoughts. 

I am in sports since I know for myself and I wouldn't never let it go again. I had one really hard period of my life and in that moment I quit playing sport. After a while I noticed that I am dealing with constant depression and that was because I didn't play sports anymore. So I have decide to do something about this, and I started to exercise as well. Exercise is also amazingly vital for maintaining mental fitness and it is going to reduce your daily stress. Studies show that it is very effective at reducing fatigue, improving alertness and concentration, and at enhancing overall cognitive functions. It also fights the depression and everyone should do something about it.

Hi guys.

I could never explain this feeling, I could never tell anyone how I feel after exercising. I am depressed almost everyday and I think that I would lose my mind without some kind of practice. I am not doing anything hard, I am just doing this step aerobic and I am walking whenever I can. Trust me, it is amazing and I also would recommend anyone to do something similar.

I was reading that studies are on the side of the exercising and a lot of experts will tell you exactly the same thing. Everyone who is depressed should try it. 

I am glad that you have exactly the same point of view like I do. Of course, we need to deal with the fact that exercising is not cure for depression, but sure that it can help. A long time ago I find one sentence from some doctor, who told that exercise stimulates the release of many of the brain chemicals thought to be in low supply when someone is battling depression. So, I believe that this explains a lot of things and you should find those exercises which will help you fight the depression. For example, exercise, building your muscles, etc. Good luck.