I have had unprotected sex with my gf on many occasions since last two yrs but she didnt get pregnant once. I am a regular smoker and drinks occasionaly. Is it possible that my sperm count is low? I am 29 yrs old

Hi Sonu,

Yes, it is possible.  But, the only way to know is to have a sperm count performed.

It could be your girlfriend too.  She may not be very fertile.

You both may just not be timing things correctly either.  She's not fertile every day.

Hope it helps.

By what name is medical test known that is conducted for testing sperm count? And if my sperm count is low then what home remedial ways could I follow for improving my sperm count?

A "semen analysis" but most just ask for a sperm count. Everyone will know exactly what you mean.

Eat a proper diet. Lay off alcohol, tobacco, marijuana. Wear boxers, not briefs. Your testicles REALLY do need to be a little cooler than body temperature - that's why they are external to the body.

Don't use a laptop - on your lap. Again, keep the testicles cool.

Good luck.