Hi friends,

We have been ttc for 2 and half years. Recently we got RMA Appointment and they did all the test to me and my hubby. I did HSG and Everything is normal. My husband is having low sperm counts and also that sperms are not swimming, Urology Dr. said me to do IVF and said that there are chances of twins. But My nurse said that my husband does not having good sperms, how can that Dr. suggested IVF? I am very confused. My husband is taking tablets which Dr. prescribed. Any one please let us know the ideas, Please...We desperately need a baby.

Thanks,
Vennila.

Hi. If the problem with the sperm is that they can't swim, then they can still fertilise an egg, they just can't get to it naturally. With IVF the egg and sperm will be put together so the sperm don't have to travel anywhere. Fertilized eggs will then be put back in you to hopefully grow into a baby

Thank you for your reply. I did not get my periods for this month, I got my periods on 9th May. Still No periods. Few days back,I checked with HPT and Result was negative. I don't know whether I am pregnant or not. I don't have any symptoms. We are having appointment today. We are going to discuss the options. If I pregnant, I will be happy. Otherwise I should go with IVF.

(My husband's nurse said that my husband does not have sperms, She meant no sperm, But Urologist said Lazy sperms & bad swimmers, I will check the good sperm to fertilize with the egg when we go through IVF.)

Really Things make me confuse. What to do My friend? Please get me back.

Thanks,
Vennila.

I really hope you are pregnant and can avoid the whole IVF thing, but many other things can cause late periods - especially if you are stressed about things at the moment.
If your doctor recommended IVF then he must be confident that your husband has enough good sperm to fertilize your egg.
Hope your appointment went well

We went to Dr. office and discussed about the solutions. She said that my husband has low sperm counts(Just one sperm is swimming when she saw) and She cannot do IVF by using his sperms, Actually She did not talk with Urologist(Uro. gave us hope and preferred IVF), Urologist is out of station, He will be back in two weeks. My gyno spoke with his nurse. When uro. come back, they can discuss about our problems. If Uro. explained the possible chances of IVF for us, Gyno will accept and ready for our IVF treatment on 17th July(Just one month)I have some questions, My husband was a lazy person, But now he changed himself alot. For the past one month, He is very active, He is playing tennis, doing his exercise & Walking properly. He is aware of food & diet control, He is taking vitamin tablets which Dr. prescribed. So My hubby feels that if they check semen analysis,it will be okey and sperms will definitely swim, He hopes like that. Is it right or not?

My Gyno said that if we go through the IVF, We must need atleast 20 good & swimming sperms, Then only, she can do this process, Otherwise success rate is very low. When we went to Urologist, He said that it was possible to do IVF to us. Why these Doctors having different opinions? Can I believe Urologist? I think they are expert in this matter. Gyno suggested my husband about testicular biopsy and also she said that if my husband go through this mini surgery, it may be success. She is not sure of that. She suggested sperm donor, We are not interested in that. Because We want to have our child of our own. So what to do? Shall we wait for Urologist opinion? Or any other ways to improve semen quantity & quality?

Still I did not have my periods(How do you say that I am pregnant, Becaue Negative home pregnancy result & no symptoms make me crazy.Is it possible to be pregnant? Because Last month I did HSG, My friend told me that If you did HSG, you will get period on your day, If you don't have your periods, you may be pregnant), I am having little stomach upset, back pain & Whitish discharge(sometimes). I am doing physical exercise & tennis(If I pregnant, I have to stop tennis playing) If I don't get periods, I should make a appointment for this Friday for blood test, My husband want to do his semen analysis on that day(Because he feels that sperms must improves).

Give me some tips.

Thanks a ton.

I hope that you're already pregnant but it your not don't give up.

Here's a little story for you. 15 years ago my dh and I were about 3 years into trying to get pregnant. One day I was at the pharmacy and I ran into the doctor that had ordered my husbands sperm count. He told me that my dh's count and motility were really bad. Then he asked what I was doing waiting for a prescription?? and I just laughed and told him I was pregnant and that I had just left "HIS" office with a order for blood work and a prescription for prenatal vitamins.

It seems that by using the basal body temperature method and being aware of my ovulation signs worked. By the way, I now have 5 children.

Remember alot of things can affect a sperm test. How long did the specimen wait to be checked? Was a proper temperature maintained prior to testing? How long between ejaculations before testing etc.etc...

Good Luck,
L.

It would be a good idea to get your husbands sperm retested, as the vitamins and lifestyle change may have had an impact. Hopefully he can get up to 20 good sperm in a sample and you will be able to do the IVF

Thanks for your replies. I don't know about semen analysis, My husband did 3 times(2 semen analysis to RMA Doctor & 1 to Urologist).

Still I have no periods, So I checked hpt in the first urine in the morning(I am 5 weeks 3 days). Result showed that I am not pregnant. I am feeling tired, stomach pain, headache...etc... Is it possible that I am pregnant with negative hpt result. Or otherwise Is that 100% sure? Any way, We are going to have my blood work done & my husband's semen analysis on coming saturday. Hope it will work. Should I need to take any tablet?(I stopped taking folic acid tablets, Because I am upset)

When I finished my hpt testing and saw the result, I came to net and read both of your comments,

Really Your story is surprising, Baby process is a miracle & God's gift. I don't know when I will I get that gift? But I am ready to struggle for our baby.

ok, Pray for us, Give me your ideas often. I will update the results.

Thank you so much.

Hi. It is possible that you are late for your period because of the stess that you have recently. I hope saturdays appointment goes well for you

We went to the Dr. for blood work & Ultrasound. My husband also gave specimen analysis(Because he feels that sperms will definitely swim this time). We did not get result yet. Still I have no periods(Last Menstruatual date 09th May)6 weeks over.

I have a question. When Dr. Checked me during Ultrasound, She did not ask about my periods. She noted inches of my left & right ovaries. Afterthat I enquired that baby inside, Suddenly she asked,'Are you trying to conceive & Did you check hpt?', I said, 'Yes, I checked hpt, Result is negative', Then she said that I don't know whether baby inside or not, Let us wait for blood result.

My friend told me that she did HSG and she got her periods on timing without delay, If you lost your periods, You can have hope, So, Now I am 50/50. So We are waiting for blood test result, How accurate blood work? Please pray for us and Wish us luck.

Thanks alot.

I got my blood test result, It is negative. So No problem. Urologist came back from vacation, He said that It is possible to do IVF for us. But He preferred to my husband testicular biopsy. Is it surgery? Is it any disadvantages or serious thing? I don't know, Please If you know, Let me know.

Dr. prescribed some tablets to me to get periods, I feel uncomfortable, If my baby inside, I don't want to take risk. How accurate this blood result?

Hi. Blood tests are 100% accurate. The biopsy that your husband needs is probably minor, done with a local anesthetic (he will probably be sore for a couple of days though). Good luck