hi i am 36 and hubby is 39 we have 1 son who is nine ,i think i need some help to deal with this ,i have been trying for years to get preganant again i have been to the doctor gyn'fetility dr etc.i had a laporocopi 2yrs ago and have been fighting with this for a long time trying to get pregnant .i have never fought for anything in my life so yet as i does fight to get pregnant,resently went by the dr he say my hubby sperm is low and it is minimum to none (MY HUBBY IS MY SON FATHER)THERE SAY I WILL HAVE TO DO IVF WITH ICSI.which is costing a lot of money which we dont have right .my hubby is saying this is not important we dont have to take out loans for this right now.we must have faith in God ,i am a christain and i do have faith because thats how i had my son it was a miracal.but i think our time is running out i am 36 will be 37 very soon and the longer i take to do this ivf is the less my chances are.i dont want this oppoturnity to pass with out knowing there was something i could have done to make this pregnancy a success

Hi Allison,

IVF can be an option when the sperm count is low.

Has your husband spoken to the doctor to find out if there is anything physically wrong that it causing the low-none sperm count?  Does he have a variocele for example?

Other things he can do include wearing loose fitting underwear to allow his testicles to be "cooler."  How's his diet?  Have him limit any alcohol and tobacco use.  Drugs of any kind can impact fertility.  Have him watch his weight as well, get more exercise.  Men that "sit" for extended periods tend to have lower sperm counts.

As long as he's producing sperm you do have a chance of pregnancy. 

Good luck.

thanks for your help .but I also have pcos and had irregular periods since day1 ,so it is now both of us with a problem,i could have try and deal with it when was just me but my hubby I think is not having that extra drive anymore I think he has given up

Talk to him Allison. He may be having self-esteem issues from the low/none sperm count.
Fertility issues can be devastating, for both of you. Counseling may help.

Would you consider adoption? There are many healthy babies that need a loving home.

Hope it helps. Good luck!