We have a lot of readers here.

Where do you head first when you go to a bookstore?

Ok - this was on track to be the longest poll ever but I can't enter all those options. So if I missed something, add it in.

Computer books are the only reason I'll darken the doorway of a Borders.

I knew I should not have taken that one out of my virtual poll on the internet accessed by computers... oh the irony

:shrug: I tend to shop only on amazon or my friends' collections

The TRAVEL section!!! I buy a lot of other books too, but I also share a lot of enjoyment-reading books that I don't buy. But the travel section rocks 'cause they have books and maps!

Fiction. Start with the new releases, then bestsellers.

i usually check out the magazines first. then i go to the science section. then fiction. then music. then back to magazines. then back to fiction. usually by this time, ive been in the store a while and the employees are starting to give me funny looks...

Computer book section, tambien. I am going to become .Net certified!

I then stop at the sports section and see if there are any cool new running books. Usually there aren't.

Then I kind of search the whole store and look for really cool leadership books. Those can be found in the history, sports, business, etc sections. I like to find books about inspirational people that have overcome adversity or simply done really cool things with their life.

For extra fun, I like to hide around the corner, then walk up really fast when people are "scanning" books in the Sex/Relationships/Massage section or trying to sneak some peaks from the Porno mags by the magazine rack.

They usually throw their book down and run out of the store really fast. Good times!

I do the same thing when I see really young kids trying to get the courage to buy some condoms at Wal-Mart.

coffee shop first

magazines

fiction

athletics

music

piano music

out the door.

EGAD!

I love to browse in all the sections when I get the time to go alone. Otherwise, we're in the children's section for my book-aholic children (good thing).

Local Bookstore, in order:
Employee Picks
Reprints of Classics
Advance copies that sell for $2-5

Barnes & Noble, again in order:
Best sellers first (on sale right inside the door!)
then I wander with the last stop at the magazines

Mystery Section

GEEK ALERT! GEEK ALERT!

History section for me.

Ill hang out around the magazine section first then to the non fiction section (sports, nature) then to the Sci-fiction, fantasy, mystery/horror sections.