I am worried for my daughter. She had car crash three weeks ago. She was on the back seat and her friend was driving. He is seriously injured and he is still in danger. My daughter had minor injuries, at least I though so at the beginning. But then, after hers arrival home I have noticed that something is wrong. She is scarred of cars, she even don't want to go out on the street. She had nightmares and suffers from insomnia. Is this Due To Post traumatic stress disorder?

It is obviously that she is deeply traumatized. But we should be careful in defining of her condition. I say that because the symptoms in the first month after the accident are called acute stress disorder. If it continues to appear or if it starts to become worse then it is due to post traumatic stress disorder. Anyway it would not be such a bad idea to consult some psychologist.