Hi, my daughter lost her leg in a car accident a year ago. This was a terrible experience, but the most important thing is that she’s still alive. However, she sometimes doesn’t feel that way. She is anxious, and I think she has Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). What are the symptoms of this condition?

Hi, I’ve suffered from Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), since I witnessed a car accident. It happened right in front of me, when I was getting out of the building. Since that day, when I hear car breaking, I have a flashback and symptoms like sweating and shaking. I feel intense fear, and there’s nothing that can calm me down in that moment. After that, I usually have insomnia for couple of nights. I take antidepressants, and they help me a little. I signed for a PTSD treatment, because I can’t live like this any more. I recommend it to your daughter too, because the effective treatments for PTSD are available today. It is important to start with a treatment as soon as possible. I wish I knew that on time.