Guys, I need help. My girlfriend is suffering from paranoia and I am getting too annoyed by it but I don't really want to leave her. She is seeing this psychologist and he is the one who set the diagnose for her, he told her that she has paranoid personality disorder, which she really has. I know that she keeps telling me that it is going to get better now that she is seeing this psychologist but I simply cannot cope with it so I need your advice. Is there any way in which I could learn to easily cope with her paranoia?

Can you just give her some time? Since she is seeing a psychologist, it is an obvious sign that she is trying to fight it. You should try and calm her down whenever you see her becoming paranoid. Tell her to breathe deeply and tell her that it is just her mind playing tricks on her and that everything is going to be okay. You need to be there for her during these hard times and be sure that she is going to appreciate it after she overcomes paranoia. I mean, put yourself in her place, wouldn't you want her to stick around?

Don't give up on her, my friend. I mean, you probably already know if she is worth fighting for or not but if you are already dating her, it would be nice of you to stick around and make her life better in these hard periods, you know. It is like Gaia said, put yourself in her position, wouldn't you want her to stick around and to show you her support? Don't worry, if she is already seeing a psychologist it means that she is trying to fight it so she will succeed at it, don't worry, just give her some time.

I'm trying my best, I wouldn't ask about all of this if I was about to leave her. I said that it is annoying, this paranoia of hers, but I never said that I was going to leave her, I am not the kind of person to run away when life gets hard.

I'll try and use the advice that you gave me here. And both of you are right, if I was in her place, I would hope for her to stay by my side during this period and I would probably be broken if she left me alone during this.

It is nice to see that there are still people out there who care about each other and are not selfish. I met so many selfish people, it is incredible. And today is also Valentine's day, I hope that you made something special for her, being a girl I know how important that is to girls. And don't you worry about this paranoia of hers, you should just be there for her and you will see how this is just going to disappear after some time and you will be glad that you stayed with her and helped her overcome all of this.

If you are in the relationship with someone who has any type of mental disorder, you should know that this is very hard. It is very hard to continue the relationship, but sometimes it is worth of trying. I believe that people with paranoia are easier to handle than people who have some more serious mental disorder. 

If you decide to stay in this relationship, to help those who you love, you need to be prepared to several refusal, with constant problems, etc.

But if she is seeing psychologist I am sure that she will be able to feel better for a while..

So I think that you should be there for her, give her some time because I am sure that she is trying to cope with it.  

Be there for her! This is the way to cope with it. She gave much effort as you can see, because she is seeing psychologist and that is a big thing for her. I am sure that she is doing this for both of you. Be ready for her behavioral changes, but that is all normal. Also, you need to support her because paranoia unfortunately can be a symptom of several illnesses such as schizophrenia, psychosis, paranoid personality etc. It is unpredictable condition and it can range in intensity from a character style to a severe impairment.

I don't believe that she is one step closer to those more serious diseases, Guest. I don't think that there is need to even mention this, because her psychologist would say that she is dealing with bigger issues, right?  Again, I say that it is very important to support her whenever she feels down and whenever she feels like she is going to lose her mind because of her paranoia.

It is very important to try to take her mind off this issue and try to talk to her about something that will chase away her negative thoughts. 

I am sure that this will help!

Look, paranoid people needs to know that they are not alone. There are so many ways to help paranoid people. Try to help her to stay calm in situations when she is paranoid. Do not try to heal her because you have read something about paranoia and you are sure that you know what to do.

Try to teach her more about self control, because this will help her.

Convince her that it is OK to take medicines if she is feeling so bad because of it and convince her that everything is going to be OK.

Talk to her whenever you can about everything.